Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

That's a well seen & caught candid street style capture Garry, with a good high contrast presentation.

"At first In thought it was an iPhone Hipstamatic pic', but after looking at it on Flickr I see its an RX pic' that I guess has been part PPd at least with the Hipstamatic app. That combination looks to work very well as it gives the added quality of the RX plus the unique style of Hipstamatic"

That's a well seen & caught candid street style capture Garry, with a good high contrast presentation.

"At first In thought it was an iPhone Hipstamatic pic', but after looking at it on Flickr I see its an RX pic' that I guess has been part PPd at least with the Hipstamatic app. That combination looks to work very well as it gives the added quality of the RX plus the unique style of Hipstamatic"

Thanks, George. Yes, Hipstamatic and possibly Snapseed too. There's one problem with using Hipstamatic for post-processing: It changes the EXIF and inserts "Hipstamatic 367" as the camera name.

Thanks, George. The lady in the background stood still just long enough, but I wish I'd moved slightly to the left.

If you'd moved towards the left you would have had the tree growing out of the foreground subjects head. I think the pic' is just fine the way it is.

After taking this photo of the anchor, with the chap in the background I stopped to wish him success with his photos.
He explained to me that he had just noticed the sign on the Harbour Cranes that showed they were made by 'Stothart & Pitt' in Bath (long since ceased trading).
He told me that many years ago he worked at the company in Bath, paint-spraying the metal for their cranes and the sign brought memories flooding back, though he did not know the history of the Bristol cranes.

Reminiscing by Bristol Streets, on Flickr

Ricoh GR III

f2.8
1/500
ISO 200

Last edited:
Oh decisions decisions ...
AJFCJaU_rZknE4aIR_B5dRU0ios3K3UtMivxyTcBSlN9vtAXpEYy05dlPWcfHcWJzb1X76LKllJTlZBDZ1k4GH2AXmilK_7Z7MR_hYXFwTTkS8jcIyMQupj7azIMf3_IuoSY_erjof8aYMtN911DLt_NhsUNlA=w1634-h1202-s-no

Look daddy I can fall out of a tree
AJFCJaU-CPBWjRT38jcXCWY7NfwANVZCUnZGAnsE10cLw12vl90U9tYxemBgv8VnBSiLsLleiTp5z-UN7ToZ-dFEHpV--OMdYqigKqfndrZa1Ypbq_uejAuto2HBErOXmE9WZHPls2Xq2G0P-_9Dyt19CY8mjg=w1466-h1202-s-no

Gastrobar, bom
AJFCJaXqztMaXRAuBN1olZNB6thSSJ3DF8CS_h7V43xNQD312qvUAKnl0_iHUjP36mGoNOvJSNf4yIwOXgC6oXNd9mJP1aMRtoocko1R88bexjGHN15mTXcJpwiAZFU5hgvb-z4Sdd7hb29QrUxEP2yhjyy75g=w1872-h1202-s-no

I've missed seeing photos from Lee (Merlin5) recently. Not seen anything from him since early April. On holiday? Off on a long job? Anyone know?
He regularly posted on DPReview and his last post there was a couple of weeks ago, I've pinged him a message. :)

Last edited:
Back