=Capture a stranger street style=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great images on this thread, heres my feeble efforts.

4328217268_8791cd0454.jpg

nothing feeble about these, especially like the violinist...

4346079875_bac5939205_o.jpg

sitting, thinking...

4346823622_da93ec41f7_o.jpg

big issue...

4349183764_3050ccf7e8_o.jpg

4349183666_5df36e4953_o.jpg

4349183356_29b713778f_o.jpg

I posted a couple of these elsewhere, but I think that they probably belong here :| ...

Diversity_01_1000.jpg

Wrong_Music_01_1000.jpg

Over_Reaction_01_1000.jpg

My_Hero_01_1000.jpg

Here's a fairly random selection from around and about:-

Really, really like this fairly random selection Simon... (y) ...a super collection with each one capturing and holding my attention more than it should... :D

Particularly like the couple on the wall and the guy leaning against the wall... :clap: ...excellent stuff m8... ;)

:p

Thank you, glad you like them. :) I may dig out another 'random selection' a bit later!

Both of these are ''truly'' street photography. Well done (y)

How exactly? No offence to Ianhl, but they're not great shots, nevermind great street shots.

I can't quite make my mind up about you, jgredline. Either you're a tongue in cheek troll or you're naively over enthusiastic about a subject that you think you know maore about than you actually do. :thinking:

How exactly? No offence to Ianhl, but they're not great shots, nevermind great street shots.

I can't quite make my mind up about you, jgredline. Either you're a tongue in cheek troll or you're naively over enthusiastic about a subject that you think you know maore about than you actually do. :thinking:

Well tell ya what. consider me a troll and then there is no need for you to subject yourself to this thread. Simply follow these instructions.
hugsnothate.jpg

Simon thank you for finally showing how it should be done! The above shot typifies the criteria that marks many of your shots from the rest, composition and light.

There's is nothing special about a shot of a stranger in a street. What makes a shot of a stranger in a street special are the same elements that make any photo special, a creative eye and good photographic technique.

The difficulty of street photography is that the right subject isn't easy to find at the best of times. It takes a sharp creative eye, excellent tiiming, perserverance and a whole load of good luck. Just standing in a street and shooting isn't good enough, there has to be something special about the scene to capture before you attempt it. Simon understands this, and if anyone wants to learn to succeed at street photography they'd do well tobear that in mind the next time they venture out.

Well tell ya what. consider me a troll and then there is no need for you to subject yourself to this thread. Simply follow these instructions.
hugsnothate.jpg

Nicely done Javier... (y)

Anyone following this thread and your prodigious input to it could not possibly call you anything other than one of our more genuine individual members... ;)

:p

Thank you Barney, now I'm blushing! Lucky you haven't seen all the crap shots I took to get to the nice ones ;)

Simon

hugsnothate.jpg

There's hate on my part, it's just that sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. I'm genuienly interested as to why you thought the two afore mentioned photos epitomised street photography, because I just can't see it.

The secret is knowing which ones are crap and not posting them.

Very profoundly true. The skill of editing is almost as important and difficult as the taking of the pics in the first place.

Barney, critiquing the photos is fine, having an opinion is fine but please don't make personal remarks about someone who is expressing their own opinion.

Having some fun today. :)

nd9p6437.jpg

nd9p6456.jpg

Hello.

The first picture is an attempt to salvage a shot of a couple who were not only moving + being jostled + standing in a dark Arcade. So, I have coverted it to B&W and given it a photo filter.

love.jpg

The second suffers from not using a polarising filter.

SaxAppeal.jpg

These two pictures were taken in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. UK.

Hope you enjoy my contributions.

Thanks

managed to get out and about today...

great britain 2010...

4359667044_5f2a097e8d_o.jpg

4359666816_20b97f9140_o.jpg

4358926645_8453583eab_o.jpg

4359667314_677d39aa62_o.jpg

4358926939_5d99c2937f_o.jpg

thanks...

No offence to Ianhl, but they're not great shots, nevermind great street shots.

lol...somehow i missed this post :D

no offence taken. your opinion is just that, your opinion, and you are free to express it. no need to take a personal swipe at javier though, who is free to express his opinion also...
having checked out your blog and flickr page i would not expect you to like my photographic efforts. we seem to appreciate, and be looking for, very different things in a photograph...
it would be very dull if we were all the same though, wouldn't it? ;)

not sure how i can learn from it as it was hardly constructive, but thanks for the criticism anyway...

Last edited:
thanks for clearing things up mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back