=Capture a stranger street style=

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're deffinitley getting better.

However really a lot of your shots still are just snap,random and overdone.. I sugguest you read a bit about breaking the rule of thirds.

You're deffinitley getting better.

However really a lot of your shots still are just snap,random and overdone.. I sugguest you read a bit about breaking the rule of thirds.

Kamil, I wasn't asking for your feedback. This thread is for captures of random people. Those images are captures of random people. No more, no less. When I want critique I create a thread marked "critique".
Now I admit, as a newbie to photography I can only hope to reach your lofty technical heights one day. Until then I will plod along happily.

Hasta luego.

Kamil, I wasn't asking for your feedback. This thread is for captures of random people. Those images are captures of random people. No more, no less. When I want critique I create a thread marked "critique".
Now I admit, as a newbie to photography I can only hope to reach your lofty technical heights one day. Until then I will plod along happily.

Hasta luego.

lol harsh

One of the best Candid shots I have seen or ages great capture
IMGP9117.jpg

More from my ME SUPER, SMC-M50F/1.4 and Ilford XP-2. I should mention that XP-2 is normally not this grainy. I purposely underexpose it 2/3 of a stop to get the grain as I am a grain lover.
His Palace
PentaxMESuperM50F14IlfordXP-227.jpg

Alone
PentaxMESuperM50F14IlfordXP-223.jpg

Peeking in
PentaxMESuperM50F14IlfordXP-225.jpg

My Stalker....she started to follow me where ever I went with her video camera/phone.
PentaxMESuperM50F14IlfordXP-226.jpg

Moving along
IMGP5549.jpg

This has a nice "street" feel to it and looks like it was possibly shot at 35mm (at a guess).

I definitely think that 50mm or less (or 35mm on crop) is the best way to get the feeling of actually being "on the street" and that anything longer tends to give a more "through the keyhole" type of feel.

Cameras aimed at street shooters like the Leica X1, Fuji X100 and Ricoh GRIII would certainly bear this out as they have fixed full frame equivalents of 35mm/35mm/28mm.

Hi Javier,
Have to say that since joing this forum , your posts are the ones i look forward to seeing the most , just love the street scenes!
I'm looking forward to coming over to LA in next few weeks and hope i can take some good photos...keep up the good work !
The strut
IMGP5551.jpg

A pillar among many
IMGP5471.jpg

In the alley
IMGP5472.jpg

Barbie
IMGP5527.jpg

Waiting for a customer
IMGP5534.jpg

Moving along
IMGP5549.jpg

This has a nice "street" feel to it and looks like it was possibly shot at 35mm (at a guess).

I definitely think that 50mm or less (or 35mm on crop) is the best way to get the feeling of actually being "on the street" and that anything longer tends to give a more "through the keyhole" type of feel.

Cameras aimed at street shooters like the Leica X1, Fuji X100 and Ricoh GRIII would certainly bear this out as they have fixed full frame equivalents of 35mm/35mm/28mm.

Thank you and I would have to agree. As I recall, I used my 17-35F/2.8 on this shot. :)

Heres a few from my flickr...
Love the idea, and i didnt realise i wasnt the only weirdo doing this until recently discovering this thread!

1. Desperate

DSC_1084 by jpay01, on Flickr
2. Bird whisperer

DSC_0647 by jpay01, on Flickr

Jason Pay
3. Map to no-where

DSC_0451 by jpay01, on Flickr

Heres a few from my flickr...
Love the idea, and i didnt realise i wasnt the only weirdo doing this until recently discovering this thread!

The bird whisperer is a lovely capture.
It's one where I just know that if I saw it I would have got something not quite right, whether it be framing or shutter speed.
I can't see anything about it I would want to be better, even the guy being out of the edge of the frame on 2 axis doesn't look wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back