=Capture a stranger street style=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shopper
5913207479_4a6f83d73d_b.jpg

Hi Javier,
Have to say that since joing this forum , your posts are the ones i look forward to seeing the most , just love the street scenes!
I'm looking forward to coming over to LA in next few weeks and hope i can take some good photos...keep up the good work !

Check out all the guys staring at her!

I was tidying up my photo album and stumbled across this. I thought It would be nice to share it here...

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/38620631@N02/5922646556/]
Embrace by MrLeebert, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:
Ive been enjoying this thread for ages and really want to have a go when I get the nerve up.
Im curious as to what lens would suit the job the best, out of lenses I own I have two in mind which may work, any suggestions please?
First lens is a Canon Nifty Fifty 50mm f/1.8
Second lens is Sigma 105 mm f/2.8ISM
Thanks

Last edited:
Ive been enjoying this thread for ages and really want to have a go when I get the nerve up.
Im curious as to what lens would suit the job the best, out of lenses I own I have two in mind which may work, any suggestions please?
First lens is a Canon Nifty Fifty 50mm f/1.8
Second lens is Sigma 105 mm f/2.8ISM
Thanks

Thank you Adam....Of the two lenses you mentioned, the 50 would be my choice, but having said that, use what ever you are most comfortable with.
If it will help, I leave all the exif on my pictures Easy to look at the exif on my flickr
The focal lengths are there.

Thank you Adam....Of the two lenses you mentioned, the 50 would be my choice, but having said that, use what ever you are most comfortable with.
If it will help, I leave all the exif on my pictures Easy to look at the exif on my flickr
The focal lengths are there.
Thanks Javier I,ll check out your exifs on Flickr.

(y)

Ive followed this thread for ages and really enjoyed it so decided to have a go myself.
To be honest I found it very challenging being of a nervous disposition myself I found it hard work but strangely got a buzz out of it. I know I picked on an easy subject here but this lady was so happy, always smiling.
The light was very harsh so decided to convert to Sepia.
As a novice I didn't appreciate the work and skill that goes into this type of photography it most certainly isn't a case of just pointing and shooting, so I am even more inspired when I look at some of the images on here.
Thanks Javier for this great thread and introducing me to this new genre.
I,m receptive to all constructive critique, many thanks.
From my own point I wish her eyes were more visible but that would mean getting a lot closer, and I,ll have to build my confidence up a little first.
I was trying to convey her smile and happy demeanour hope it works?
Adam

Street-Work.jpg

Last edited:
Ive followed this thread for ages and really enjoyed it so decided to have a go myself.
To be honest I found it very challenging being of a nervous disposition myself I found it hard work but strangely got a buzz out of it. I know I picked on an easy subject here but this lady was so happy, always smiling.
As a novice I didn't appreciate the work and skill that goes into this type of photography it most certainly isn't a case of just pointing and shooting, so I am even more inspired when I look at some of the images on here.
From my own point I wish her eyes were more visible but that would mean getting a lot closer, and I,ll have to build my confidence up a little first.
Adam

I really like it Adam. I've only just started doing this myself too, and it's quite addictive. Well done you (y)

Adam

A lovely image Adam, it took me by surprise, I was looking through the LA streetshots, then saw yours and wondered if they had the Big Issue in LA! My next thought was that the lady looks familiar - hang on a minute, that's Stone - just 3 miles from where I live. It's good to see the local town appear on TP.

Chris

A lovely image Adam, it took me by surprise, I was looking through the LA streetshots, then saw yours and wondered if they had the Big Issue in LA! My next thought was that the lady looks familiar - hang on a minute, that's Stone - just 3 miles from where I live. It's good to see the local town appear on TP.

Chris
Cheers Chris,

Thanks Chris,
I found it quite difficult to shoot in Stone as you know it,s very small and pretty quite apart from market day, and I kinda stood out, perhaps I'll try Hanley or Stafford next!

(y)

Cheers Chris,

Thanks Chris,
I found it quite difficult to shoot in Stone as you know it,s very small and pretty quite apart from market day, and I kinda stood out, perhaps I'll try Hanley or Stafford next!

(y)

For what it is worth, you did very well. (y) It is never as easy as it seems.
Don't force anything. If the shot is there, take it, if not, then don't. Perhaps start off with something easy like a cool billboard. Find a nice one, think about your comp and wait for the right scene to come along.
Take a look here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgredline/5792180181/
I planned it out in a few minutes. I doubt anyone would say anything to you and if they do, it will usually be to apologize for messing up your shot. :LOL:
Here is another one I waited for.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgredline/5890052866/
Good luck and keep shooting.

For what it is worth, you did very well. (y) It is never as easy as it seems.
Don't force anything. If the shot is there, take it, if not, then don't. Perhaps start off with something easy like a cool billboard. Find a nice one, think about your comp and wait for the right scene to come along.
Take a look here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgredline/5792180181/
I planned it out in a few minutes. I doubt anyone would say anything to you and if they do, it will usually be to apologize for messing up your shot. :LOL:
Here is another one I waited for.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgredline/5890052866/
Good luck and keep shooting.

Thanks Javier,
Just checked out your flickr images the billboard one is fantastic.

(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back