=Capture a stranger street style=

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMGP0891.jpg

IMGP0885.jpg

Here are a few more film shots.
K1000 fitted with a Cosina 55 f/1.2, loaded with t-max 400 fresh of the scanner. no pp done so they are kinda messed up, ok, they are messed up...but feel the messed up look, gives it some character. I shot these during a walk through E.L.A. (East Los Angeles) and was getting mad dogged their. Very difficult place to shoot and only was able to walk two blocks. I will be going back wearing some thrashed clothes and unshaven. But anyway....

Pharmacies are everyplace and you would be surprised at what you can buy over the counter here.
ela7.jpg

ela12.jpg

Last edited:
Street vendors are everyplace around their in ELA. There are some good deals t be found Their. Part of the reason folks are scared of cameras is because the police and emigration are always taking pictures here to distinguish the gangsters from the illegals here.
ela9.jpg

Here is an old style shoe shine place.
ela3.jpg

Everyday life here is very hard for many folks.
ela1.jpg

Inside a house that got converted to a store. Here you will find knock offs of all major brands of clothes.
scan0001.jpg

ELASTORE2.jpg

Things are looking up.
700strangers37.jpg
Love this photo, favourite so far, almost looks like she is surrounded by angels and is looking to heaven (no I am not religious)

I am a bit late to this party (just found thread) but its a brilliant idea, always loved candid photography catching people in a natural way rather than posed. I love going to weddings and taking candid shots, done some in the past and the bride and groom preferred them to the official shots so I gave them a bunch.

Here is a shot I took yesterday in Durham. Not for this thread just trying my new camera out

Path.png

:)

Thanks Crew. That image has always been one of my favs as well. Infact it was my wall paper for a long time.

As for your image of the couple at the end of the walk way, I really like it. I like composition of the shot and think how boring it would be with out the couple? Well done and I look forward to seeing more.

Liverpool last saturday.
I've only just seen this thread and started taking street/candid stuff fairly recently so heres my first go.
1. These lads looked like a couple chancers.
Scallys-b_w.jpg

2. Another couple, but at the other end of the scale. Looked a little bewildered really and I liked the contrast between the happy, bright posters and the darkness of their clothes.
Out-of-Touch---contrasty.jpg

3. An unwanted bike.
Bike-Watch.jpg

Cheers

Andy

Click for large version

Click for large version

Click for large version

2. Another couple, but at the other end of the scale. Looked a little bewildered really and I liked the contrast between the happy, bright posters and the darkness of their clothes.
Out-of-Touch---contrasty.jpg

:clap: Love that shot... brilliant!!

I took a one similar years back with my film camera and zoom lens of an old man sitting on a bench in a village. I actually ended up painting it in watercolours (yes I do that to) looked good when finished

Last edited:
These have been posted elsewhere, but I figure they belong in here:

oldguysweb.jpg

chipladyweb.jpg

scrotesweb.jpg

270209_France_0010web.jpg

France022720090060web.jpg

France022720090064web.jpg

France022720090148web.jpg

France022720090088web.jpg

9. The book's title is "I'm Not Scared".
IMG_1649web.jpg

Some great photos in here.

More photos from my 'Street life' set.

Was walking around Edinburgh Old Town, when I spotted those two practising :)
Ninja VS Brooks

Canon EOS 450D; Focal Length 163 mm; f/4.0; 1/100s; ISO 200; Manual
Click for large version

Asian lady

Canon EOS 450D; Focal Length 180 mm; f/4.0; 1/500s; ISO 400; Manual
Click for large version

Togger?

Canon EOS 450D; Focal Length 200 mm; f/4.0; 1/400s; ISO 400; Manual
Click for large version

Smoker

Canon EOS 450D; Focal Length 145 mm; f/4.0; 1/800s; ISO 400; Manual
Click for large version

2 more from me:

Can I have my camera back, please?

Canon EOS 450D; Focal Length 200 mm; f/4.0; 1/800s; ISO 200; Manual
Click for large size

Spotted!

Canon EOS 450D; Focal Length 180 mm; f/4.0; 1/500s; ISO 200; Manual
Click for large size

Thanks for looking :wave:

Here are some from my last roll of film. K1000 with Kodak Hi def 400 50mm@F/16
I know many of us have gotten use to the digital look, but I really like the film look allot.

This is a part of series I shot at the famous fashion district in Los Angeles.
c008_17A.jpg

c011_14A.jpg

c024_1A.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back