=Capture a stranger street style=

Status
Not open for further replies.
those two are beauties! was the vignette in the second natural or PP?

198145_10150119198923191_586483190_6537471_6762203_n.jpg

jgredline

Your creating an amazing picture of LA in this thread. I envy your incredible enthusiasm.

Keep up the good work(y)

Nesster (Jussi) a friend of mine, was kind enough to send me 4 rolls of Ferrania. 2 rolls of 100 and 2 rolls of 400. Thank you kindly :cool:

Of course, I chose the worst part of the day to shoot. high noon harsh sun light, but I was anxious to get out. I managed to shoot 1 roll of each using two bodies. It was very tough to do in the span of an hour...Anyway...It felt good to shoot analog again.

Canon AE-1, FD28F/2.8, Ferrania 100
CanonAE-1FD28FerraniaSolaris10026.jpg

CanonAE-1FD28FerraniaSolaris100.jpg

CanonAE-1FD28FerraniaSolaris1002.jpg

CanonAE-1FD28FerraniaSolaris1007.jpg

Blurry, but I like the pic
CanonAE-1FD28FerraniaSolaris1006.jpg

Blending in
CanonAE-1FD28FerraniaSolaris1009.jpg

To continue with good ole fashion Analog, these are with my Pentax ME-F, SMC-M40F/2.8 and Ferrania 400....Nothing great, but I was out to test the film more than anything else. I will give the other two rolls the ole college try tomorrow.

Corner vendor
MESUPERM40FerraniaSolaris4005.jpg

I love corner shots
MESUPERM40FerraniaSolaris4007.jpg

Serenading the lady
MESUPERM40FerraniaSolaris4009.jpg

Baby on board
MESUPERM40FerraniaSolaris40010.jpg

Sitting pretty
MESUPERM40FerraniaSolaris40012.jpg

I admire your dedication to what is a really hard discipline - love your work too some nice shots :clap:

Les (y)

Having enjoyed reading through I better contribute!

Two cool dudes, an ice cream stealer?, some colourful young ladies and another young lady through a crowd.

PB147785.jpg

P3198330.jpg

PB147824.jpg

PB147869.jpg

P3218536.jpg

One from me, was October time but finally getting round to working on a few images.

3010_l009.jpg

I admire your dedication to what is a really hard discipline - love your work too some nice shots :clap:

Les (y)

Thank you very, VERY much. I really love street shooting as you can tell. As for me, it is my work out, excersize. An average walk for me is 5 miles (8 Kilometers) so what better way to spend my time walking than taking pictures at the same time. :cool:

Thank you very, VERY much. I really love street shooting as you can tell. As for me, it is my work out, excersize. An average walk for me is 5 miles (8 Kilometers) so what better way to spend my time walking than taking pictures at the same time. :cool:

No problem- I may even be inspired by your work, to try it out myself

heres one attempt

I call " The Feel Good Factor"

FeelGood.jpg

Les (y)

Here are some from Yesterday. Again the Canon AE-1, FD28MM, Ferrania 100....I had really good shooting conditions, but these came out rather grainy. I suspect it could be the scanning and I will attempt to scan a few of these same ones tomorrow. These also do not seem to have the same punch as the first roll, which again brings me back to scanning.

Found this couple chilling and of course I smiled.
CanonAE-1FD5018Ferrania1004.jpg

Annoyed by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr

Tarot card reading dogs by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr

Here are some from Yesterday. Again the Canon AE-1, FD28MM, Ferrania 100....I had really good shooting conditions, but these came out rather grainy. I suspect it could be the scanning and I will attempt to scan a few of these same ones tomorrow. These also do not seem to have the same punch as the first roll, which again brings me back to scanning.

Found this couple chilling and of course I smiled.
CanonAE-1FD5018Ferrania1004.jpg

Annoyed by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr

i think the grain in the first and last picture realy add to the pictures,gives them a feel of being older.if you removed the movie poster from the last,i owuld look like it had been from the 70s-80s.
i personaly wouldnt re do them

you insipired me to start Street Togging, Javier

heres a couple 1st attempts Sony Alpha 390- 75-300mm lens

Blondehighlight.jpg

Marathon3EXIF.jpg

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this thread; loving it. Very inspiring; makes me want to go out and do it, which I will next time I'm in London on my own. Wish I had the time to go through all the posts too! I've only done street candids at Chinese New Year celebrations in London 2 years ago and really enjoyed the results. Not quite the same style as these though.

Nice pics Les, we need to see more though. Perhaps a bit less cropped to see people in their surroundings?

Nice pics Les, we need to see more though. Perhaps a bit less cropped to see people in their surroundings?

Fair comment- I went for the interaction of the 2 girls in 1st shot and the Colour of the girls top matched the ballon in the 2nd shot, also I liked the sunlight in her hair :shrug:

Les (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back