car shoot with local celebrity

I would agree that the yellow light in the second photo removes all other colour from the shot and makes it a bit flat. The first location looks much better, but is it possible to place the car beneath an opening in the tree cover so that you get some more natural light on the subject while still seeing the reflection of the trees in the windows/bodywork?

I would agree that the yellow light in the second photo removes all other colour from the shot and makes it a bit flat. The first location looks much better, but is it possible to place the car beneath an opening in the tree cover so that you get some more natural light on the subject while still seeing the reflection of the trees in the windows/bodywork?

thanks for the ideas. the yellow light was because i used cloudy WB, without it the car was waaaay too silver for my tastes, but i see what you're saying.

natural light for the other shot is a good idea. as long as it's not raining!

look forward to seeing your pics from last night!

(y)

No-one ever uses lights when shooting cars, it's just not done.....

Please tell me thats a joke :wacky:

@OP
I've been shooting cars for a long time and only now do I feel I have the skills for Mag worthy shots.

You can't just wing it. I look forward to seeing the shots though. :), I'm sure I will be able to provide alot of C&C.

this is priceless - the celeb had to cancel at the last minute (and i mean with about 3 hours to go). so instead of sitting on my ass i rang a few mazda dealers, then went and saw a couple of cars for sale, snapped them on the forecourt and sent them in.

so far no word on if they'll use them, but i am not too worried, they weren't exactly inspiring.

so hopefully next month i'll be better set up, he has a merc apparantly.

cheers people!

Back