Car vandalised for not being picturesque

The Brand Marketing Director is Chris Hawkin and the usual vauxhall uk company email address is anyone wanted to copy :)

The Brand Marketing Director is Chris Hawkin and the usual vauxhall uk company email address is anyone wanted to copy :)
Thanks I will do that. I have a certain respect for 84 year old people who drive around in bright yellow boy racer cars, it used to be called eccentricity and regarded as amusingly British.:)

Looking at the DM linked page I agree that visitors should "get over it". If the NT and the local council want that " view" protected they should provide more accessible (private?) parking for the residents.

As for the view, I don't know about you other guys & gals but I have seen many other such picturesque scenes 'ruined' more often by those other inconsiderate pesky tourists.......don't they know I am there trying to get a picture without them in it ;) but in the main waiting and being ready for the "decisive moment" yields dividends.

PS maybe it is that selfie society with the fixed FL liens that capture everything in shot that are complaining......... surely there are angles, positions, lens choices that will give a decent PoV without the car. A pity the interviewed semi- pro tog did speak of this aspect!

Last edited:
I don't know about you other guys & gals but I have seen many other such picturesque scenes 'ruined' more often by those other inconsiderate pesky tourists.......don't they know I am there trying to get a picture without them in it

and telegraph poles, road signs, traffic cones ... the list goes on!

and telegraph poles, road signs, traffic cones ... the list goes on!
:LOL: one of the pictures of the cars location appears to show one of those signs!

The man lives in this beautiful little place and a creep comes and ruins his car, some creeps just do my head in. He lives there so he can have any colourful car outside his home, and TOUGH luck if someone gets the car in a the shot, just clone it out,change it`s colour or use content aware, better still don`t take the shot.

I hadn't realised that villages exist just for people to take photographs of.

this is really old news the photos and story date back to prior to january 2015 ,why bring it up now :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Being a previous proud owner of a liquid yellow mini (whose name was Chunky) I can't believe how selfish and malicious these tw@ts have been!!!! No matter how bright and bold anyones car (or house, dog, wife, shirt, haircut, or tats & nail varnish) is, how dare someone desecrate it just because it doesn't fit!!!?!?!?!!!

Grrrrrr! :punch::mad::punch:

I have been to the lovely village of Bibury a couple of times. I go and stay at the Swan Inn and Old Mill and Minster, just down the road a bit. Nice quiet spot with lovely beer and food. Anyway, visiting these villages the biggest problem they face is hordes of tourists coming by the coachload......

I have been to the lovely village of Bibury a couple of times. I go and stay at the Swan Inn and Old Mill and Minster, just down the road a bit. Nice quiet spot with lovely beer and food. Anyway, visiting these villages the biggest problem they face is hordes of tourists coming by the coachload......

If are planning on visiting Bibury experience tells me that the coaches start arriving about 10:00, so if can get in get your shots and out before then you should be OK(ish).

Parking can also be an issue.

Sad that people resort to doing this.
TBH it's sad that people damage others' property, whatever the reason.

Further, £6k for a respray isn't IMO excessive - just a reflection of who does the work to what standard. I had an accident and had my car resprayed by a dealer-approved bodyshop. The repair came to £3k and that was covered by the third party's insurance. I've used them before and a respray of a car door came to £500.

I heard about this it really p£$%es me off that there are some people who think its ok to damage other peoples property.

I read on Facebook there is a group trying to get a convoy of yellow cars to visit in a few months tempted to head down there with the camera :)

And if I had a yellow car I would take part!

I heard about this it really p£$%es me off that there are some people who think its ok to damage other peoples property.

I read on Facebook there is a group trying to get a convoy of yellow cars to visit in a few months tempted to head down there with the camera :)

And if I had a yellow car I would take part!

I wonder if they will allow bright orange motorbikes to join in?:rolleyes:

It's sad someone would go to such lengths to ruin a car cos it's in the way. As for £6k surely that'd write a Corsa off got to be at least if not more than 50% of the value of the car.

It's not technically in Arlington Row, and it's pretty much always has a car parked outside (or used to).

It has to be said that a lot of the tourists visiting Bibury can be utter t^ats.
The fact that the word Move was scratched into the bonnet and not Move It, unless the culprit was disturbed and the vandalism not completed, I suspecting one of his neighbours is the guilty party and not a tourist/photographer.
As for the repair cost, a decent spray shop should be able to respray the hole car for £2-3k but the whole car doesn't require a respray, a decent spray shop could respray the localised areas containing the scratches and blend in to the surrounding paintwork, I'd put it at 2-3days work so cost of a hire car in the mean time isn't likely to amount to more than a couple of hundred.

On the subject of respraying around 15 years ago I had a car damaged in a public car park by another (unknown) vehicle which left a scrape along the whole offside. I took it to a local bodyshop in the hope that I wouldn't have to bother the insurance company if the estimate was not too bad. Unfortunately it was for £275 (15 years ago remember) which meant that I made a claim as I was fully comp. No problem with the claim and I was instructed to take the car to their nearest authorised bodyshop a few miles away. There the estimate was done in a twice, new front wing, two doors and rear wing! When the time came I delivered the car to the bodyshop and was met there with a hire car from one of the major leasing companies which was mine for the duration of the repair, just over a week. The guy doing the estimate also asked if there anything else I needed doing as being an insurance job he could just add it onto the estimate. Stupidly I ignored him but that's probably how you get your £6000 today.

Back