card speed issue when recording video

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

I have an issue with a card and I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, the camera is a 600D.

I've got a MicroSD card (SandDisk Ultra, 64GB class 10) which I bought direct from Amazon (not the marketplace) so I'm 99.99% certain it isn't a fake, MagicLantern is installed and the buffer when recording fills within 10 seconds and it stops recording. If I then put in my other card (Transcend, 32GB, class10) also loaded with Magic Lantern it records without a problem.

I've tried the microSD card in a different adaptor and it made no difference. I also tried another non-descript microSD card without Magic Lantern and that had no problems either. The reason for trying to use the 64Gb microSD card is so that I can plug it straight into my tablet without the need for a card reader.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what the issue might be?

Cheers,
Kev

So basically the card doesn't have enough write speed for what you are trying. I seem to recall magic lantern has a speed test somewhere. Maybe you are trying too high a resolution/raw/all I frame video for that card. You could try a camera format of the card, but I can't remember what you need to do for the magic lantern install.

I've got a MicroSD card (SandDisk Ultra, 64GB class 10) which I bought direct from Amazon (not the marketplace) so I'm 99.99% certain it isn't a fake, MagicLantern is installed and the buffer when recording fills within 10 seconds and it stops recording. If I then put in my other card (Transcend, 32GB, class10) also loaded with Magic Lantern it records without a problem.

Is the Transcend card an SD or Micro SD card ?

The 600D supports SDXC, so I would have thought 64GB was okay, could be the fact you are using a Micro SD card that is the problem ???

As it's a micro SD you'll be using some sort of adapter. This may be where the problem lies. There are a couple of speed test aps around. Try the ones from AJA and BlackMagic.

Why buy and use a micro SD card anyway? it takes ordinary SD cards from what I read

Back