Care to share a simple Photoshop workflow?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Anyone care to share the beginning part of their workflow from bringing RAWs into ACR and then saving both the RAW as a DNG file (no sidecar) and a TIFF on the PC. I’m starting with CR3 RAW files and have a PC that accepts the card they’re on. I’ll only be using Photoshop and won’t be processing a lot of images. TIA

Anyone care to share the beginning part of their workflow from bringing RAWs into ACR and then saving both the RAW as a DNG file (no sidecar) and a TIFF on the PC. I’m starting with CR3 RAW files and have a PC that accepts the card they’re on. I’ll only be using Photoshop and won’t be processing a lot of images. TIA
Have you tried Adobe Bridge? I think that might be able to be set up as to how you want it.

Insert the memory card into the computers card reader.
Open photoshop and navigate to the first RAW file that you want to edit - it will automatically open in ACR.
Edit the photograph.
Click on the SAVE & CONVERT button at the top right of the screen (square with arrow in it).
When the new window opens select the location where you want to save the photograph and change the format to Digital Negative.
Click SAVE.

To save the photograph as aTIFF file click on OPEN in the bottom righthand corner and the photograph will open in Photoshop.
Go to FILE > SAVE and then select the file format (TIFF) and the location where you want to save the photograph.
Click SAVE.

Excellent Eucris thank you, I’ve been doing this & saving as DNG file then re-opening it to save as a TIFF to edit more expansively later. Just wondered if the RAW could be saved as a DNG and also as a TIFF at the same time to save a bit of clicking?

Excellent Eucris thank you, I’ve been doing this & saving as DNG file then re-opening it to save as a TIFF to edit more expansively later. Just wondered if the RAW could be saved as a DNG and also as a TIFF at the same time to save a bit of clicking?
As @Paulie-W suggested Bridge might be a solution for what you want to do.

I don't make much use of Bridge, but it's a useful addition to a PS workflow when you aren't using Lightroom.

This isn't exactly the solution you have asked for, but the principle of using Bridge workflows might be the basis of creating the workflow you want.

This video below is an example of using a Bridge workflow to create a small and large Jpeg at the same time, but I suspect it could be adapted to create a DNG and TIff .

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J8nrf2-wXU

I find Bridge to be a great addition to my workflow as it allows me to peruse all my shots and run a first pass at grading them (finding which I like, rather than colour grading),

I only take my 3* and above to Affinity Photo for developing and editing then, which are then saved as a high def and exported as a JPEG. JPEGs then imported into Apple's Photo album and easily shared etc. etc.

Would be so much more cumbersome if I hadn't discovered Bridge.

My workflow requires LR as the key to managing the workflow so if you are not using LR, I cannot help. I use LR to upload my images then rate, keyword etc. Using LR for searches is important for me and Bridge is too slow. LR uses a proper database but Bridge does not. A search through 30,000 images will take less than a second with LR but could take a day or more with Bridge.

Dave

Back