Carp Fishing

Name
Gregory
Edit My Images
Yes
ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1442650282.820421.jpg

Do we have any carp anglers here??

We most certainly do. I am on TodberBig Hayes for a 72hr end of the month. I have been on a local syndicate this year with little reward thus far, where are you fishing?

We most certainly do. I am on TodberBig Hayes for a 72hr end of the month. I have been on a local syndicate this year with little reward thus far, where are you fishing?

Todber! Nice ;-)

Im on a local lake today Mopley, but I bailiff for EADAC at Lakeside home to 7 scales and a few other lumps and on the syndicate for a place called bilcombes In fawley hampshire... No joy yet though and its FREEEEEEEEZING :)

Have you fished Todber then?

No mate never fished it but heard lots of good things about the place

Ex carp fisherman from Kent here, who could only ever catch large tench - never caught a carp! Found it easier to be a chub fisherman who could catch chub:D

Ex carp fisherman from Kent here, who could only ever catch large tench - never caught a carp! Found it easier to be a chub fisherman who could catch chub:D

But catching big chub isn't any easier than carp fishing, you really need to know your river craft to consistently catch the big ones.

Ex carp fisher but not a bivvy and buzzers man, think more Chris Yates but with more modern gear.

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1442681046.217672.jpg
This is me now I fell asleep and my friend thought this was funny.......!

Its one cold day on the bank today!

I photographed this chap catching a carp the other week
3f82d.gif
.................I'm a river man miself, barbel & pike but I do a bit of carp angling during the closed season, there's nothing like surface fishing for getting the adrenalin going :D

As I said in this thread (a few more photos if your interested) ......just a little bit of me thought ' I hope it f*****g chokes ya' :LOL:

Grey Heron eating Common Carp 6 by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

I photographed this chap catching a carp the other week
3f82d.gif
.................I'm a river man miself, barbel & pike but I do a bit of carp angling during the closed season, there's nothing like surface fishing for getting the adrenalin going :D

As I said in this thread (a few more photos if your interested) ......just a little bit of me thought ' I hope it f*****g chokes ya' :LOL:

Grey Heron eating Common Carp 6 by Phil Dyson, on Flickr
Jesus! Greedy f**ker. Haha

@Phil-D, you sure thats not an F1 carp? Whatever they are. They werent even around last time I went fishing 10 or more years ago.

@Phil-D, you sure thats not an F1 carp? Whatever they are. They werent even around last time I went fishing 10 or more years ago.

I wouldn't have a clue tbh keith, I just though common with the scales :)

its an F1, the give away is the lack of barbules

for keith and phil an F1 is a hybrid fish made of crucian and common carp

its an F1, the give away is the lack of barbules

Well spotted Dave, I've just had a look through quite a few other photos I took of the heron with the carp and can't see no barbules (y)

Well spotted Dave, I've just had a look through quite a few other photos I took of the heron with the carp and can't see no barbules (y)
Could that be because the carp is half way down the herons throat though?

Whoa!! tomorrow morning sees the start of 72hrs fishing at Todber manor, :beer::banana:

I ended up with 2 fish, first went 15.5,the second, a new pb 24.5 get in there!

Oshhhhhh i blanked :-( ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1444065190.857948.jpg

I joined a new syndicate this week and yesterday I managed a day on it, 2 fish - 1st was just a pasty, 2nd was a better one at 19.6 .

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1447523861.973397.jpg

No mother nature has calmed down lets see what happens.............

Hi all, Carp and Barbel angler here from Surreym hope you've all had a productive season so far!

Reactions: mex
Havnt been out in over 2 years...children, work and debt got in the way...Need to get back out.

Blanked... And got very very wet! Lol

I noticed lots of fish near the surface of my local boating lake, big dark ones and some orange ones, within easy reach of the 'shore' for anyone with a net.
Just like this forum, it made me wonder why people sit around 'fishing' I wonder who will respond with "oh, the irony!"

Last edited:
Not a proper carp angler, in fact not much as an agler at all right now as I have only found the time to go once in the last two years.
Not great at sitting around waiting so tend to prefer float fishing, but often have a carp rod out too just for the halibut :)coat:) but personal best is as a rather measly 6lb.

IMG_1887.JPG All I can do is keep trying :) [emoji23][emoji23]

Well it happened eventually [emoji23] IMG_7922.jpg
IMG_7894.jpg

Just come back from a few days in Norfolk. B+B had it's own ponds. Spent 2 days fishing. Day 1 12 carp between 9 and 20 lbs. Day 2 15 between 14 nad 20 lbs. All on light tackle.

Just come back from a few days in Norfolk. B+B had it's own ponds. Spent 2 days fishing. Day 1 12 carp between 9 and 20 lbs. Day 2 15 between 14 nad 20 lbs. All on light tackle.

Do you have any details on the venue? My Mrs wants to do a trip away up there and if I can get fishing time Aswell thats excellent :)

Back