Cassowaries and Rock Wallabies

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Taken in Daintry NP and Atherton Tableland, Australia. Cassowaries are big and can be dangerous if you do something stupid, like get between dad and his chicks, but generally they ignore people. Rock Wallabies are just cute, but not very common.

Posing for photo
DSC04849-X2.jpg

Drinking. I think he fills everything up then raises his head to swallow.
DSC04852-X2.jpg

Mareeba rock wallabies. Mom and joey.
DSC06531-X2.jpg

Juvenile Mareeba RW
DSC06446-X3.jpg

So, you like to play with extremes, Steve!
From the most dangerous to one of the sweetest!
Drinking. I think he fills everything up then raises his head to swallow.
Do you dip you beak to the neck when drinking?:D
Are you sure this is not a ostrich in disguise? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::wacky:

Very cool renditions, Steve!

Last edited:
I think you have to be stupid to get hurt by a cassowary, but they are the heaviest bird at up to 70kg. The crocs, on the other hand, make everyone a bit nervous as they hunt anything, including people (particularly Germans it would seem as all the warning signs are in English and German??). The locals want some culling so they can swim in some places, which would be really handy in the tropics. Even the beaches are dangerous.

That is one B E A T I F U L Animal (Bird) and what a lovely specimen you got there with a very nice plumage, J`adore :love:
Wallabies, yep they are cute as well and again the Joey is even cuter than mum.
PS, they do have them wild in the UK (apparently)

Very nice set of images Sir, liking all of these very much with #4 being my overall fav'.(y)

George.

That is one B E A T I F U L Animal (Bird) and what a lovely specimen you got there with a very nice plumage, J`adore :love:
Wallabies, yep they are cute as well and again the Joey is even cuter than mum.
PS, they do have them wild in the UK (apparently)

Wild wallabies in the UK? Sounds like a headline for a rugby tour.

Very nice set of images Sir, liking all of these very much with #4 being my overall fav'.(y)

George.
Yes, he is super cute.

Back