Castle Stalker Pano

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken last night. This shows Castle Stalker, which is built on a tiny island on Loch Laich. Behind is Loch Linnhe with the Kingairloch and Morvern Hills in the background.

There a some flaws in this pano which I will work on at a later date. ( bit of a rush job ) 5 images in total.

Castle-Stalker-Pano.jpg

Cameron

See now, flaws aside that's much, much better and back up to your usual standard. :)

Just what she said to me :coat:

Yeah I appreciate your pain..there is no easy way though. It's the effort spent with the cloning tool and maticulous attention to detail which all takes a long time. If the picture is this good though...

there is no easy way though

I'm really not setting out just to disagree with you today Steve but perhaps that should read "there is no cheap way though" :whistling

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/fuji617.shtml

;) :)

Very nice shot there cameron. Not sure if I'd like to see some detail in the bottom right corner or not?

Like everyone else, I look forward to your posts.

I've got an old print of Castle Stalker I took about 15 years ago, this is a lot better, so nice :)

dazzajl said:
I'm really not setting out just to disagree with you today Steve but perhaps that should read "there is no cheap way though" :whistling
;) :)

That's totally out of context :nono: We where talking about STITCHING shots together to form a panoramic not taking one photo with a panoramic camera. :p

:coat: (shuffles off muttering about not needing to stich if you use a pano camera)

:D

Play nice fellas! :LOL:

I much prefer that Cameron..... nice! :icon_cool

I had a go at softening the waves/ripples to try to draw the attention further up the image. Its only a couple of minutes worth of effort to try out an idea I had and it seems to have worked quite well.

Got permission from Garnock to post this even tho it says Copyright on it, so don't shout at me. :)

Original (so you don't have to scroll up/down/up/down etc to compare):
Castle-Stalker-Pano.jpg

Edited:
garnock.jpg

Basically the reflection is a copied/flipped version, with just enough alpha transparency to allow a small amount of motion in the water to show through from the original image, then a little retouching along the horizon line to tidy up a few rough edges.

I think that works really nicely for either side but the centre section has lost out. The dark cloud above the castle doesn't look natural enough and I miss the highlight on the water between the two islands, which help seperate them from the mountains behind.

Just my 2p's worth. :)

Is this stitched together?

Very good work! :) I would've picked this up if it were a postcard on sale.

Loads better I reckon Cameron. :icon_cool Tough job anyway!

Back