Castlerigg stone circle in snow

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Well there might not have been a decent sunrise but the snow kinda makes up for it.

The third one gets my vote. For some reason it appears to have more depth.

1st one and 2nd one.

Watch your levels/WB - the snow is slightly greener in hue than the others

Thanks Steve
I can see the WB it was a struggle to get the sky how I like it so maybe I should have used a WB adjustment on a grad filter in LR

Well there might not have been a decent sunrise but the snow kinda makes up for it.

Thanks Stev

The third one gets my vote. For some reason it appears to have more depth.

Thanks Tony

3rd is best.
It’s not an easy thing to photograph as without showing the full circle it looks incomplete.

nice shots
never known these existed will have to visit them

Thanks Holty
Its not very new you know.

Great atmosphere, much prefer those sort of conditions over a blazing sunrise or sunset.

Thanks Scott I like both myself but I would have like a little breakthrough of light from a jink in the clouds to complete it. I went to Tewet tarn after these shots where I got some light so maybe I should have stayed
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/tewet-tarn-cold-morning-mono.691972/

3rd is best.
It’s not an easy thing to photograph as without showing the full circle it looks incomplete.

Thanks Peter

First one, I like the whole circle and the atmospheric sky. Could do with a little more contrast, but a different interesting view.

Thanks Alan
The conditions were failry flat as the sun didnt really break through

Good efforts, you managed to not have anyone in the shots. I've been there many times, it's a place that really does need good light and atmosphere.

Thanks Mal
There was another photographer there when I arrived I was shooting to avoid spoiling her shots and avoiding her spoiling mine then she got cold and went back to her camper so I had free reign.

Back