Cat Appreciation Society! - lets see those catz!

Plot, plot, plotty, plot, plot...

Black cat  on canal bank West Swindon G2 1190533.JPG

Not long lost our 16 year old cat with ill health,we miss him terribly.
We have lost a few, it hurt every time, but eventually the hurt eases a little.

Thank you,it,s like losing a family member.:(

Thank you,it,s like losing a family member.:(
Indeed and it's odd how some think you don't feel it as much because it's "only a cat". I know when we lose our current black moggy if will hurt like Hell as he's such a great character, sweet in nature in everything he does and a lunatic character too.

Yep it,s very hard.

Yep it,s very hard.

It can be very hard. Five cats have shared our lives at various times, and one - a street kitten my wife adopted in Hong Kong - was nearly 21 when she died. I made the final decision (euthanasia) for all of them when the time came, and stayed with them until it was over. No regrets, but a lot of memories.

Yes it,s nice to have all the memories.

We have lost 2 cats over the years, first we had from a kitten who ran out in front of a car shortly after we moved house, and the 2nd was a rescue who we had to have put down as she had breast cancer. It was interesting to note from that vet, that up to 50% of female cats that have had litters suffer with breast cancer....

After we lost the last one we said "not again", but ended up with a house rabbit that our son plonked on us. He lived to be 12, and we lost him about a year ago. Everyone of them has been painful & tearful, but I have found that pictures ease the pain....

Big dan our Maine coon
He's a beauty. The big ginger males are so beautiful. We have a multi coloured female, unfortunately she doesn't have the easy going attitude a Maine Coon is supposed to have, in fact she's a psycho.

Thank you, Our Dan is the most chilled cat you could ever meet.
That's why we bought an MC, all the websites said the same, she is beautiful but such a horror, won't let us groom her so twice a year she gets knocked out and shaved to get rid of her mats. We have a black male moggy too that is so laid back he's horizontal, actually that is his default position with legs in the air. We should have got a male MC, wife loved the look of the female though.
How old is your boy.

Last edited:
Our other MC we lost last year was alson incredibly chilled, but our Moggie peggy who we rescued from our back garden 12 years ago, is still very timid, and is impossible to brush.
Our most recent addition is marie, we adopted her after a holiday in Thailand, now been in the UK for 2 + years, is now the Alpha of the house

Attachments

• closeupcover.jpg
    closeupcover.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 16
  • peggs.jpg
    peggs.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 16
Peggy looks such a sweetie too.

Photos of Shelby, we've had her for 18 months now.

First pic was taken a year ago when she was about 8 months old
Second pic was when we first got her approx 2 months old

Attachments

• IMG_4758.jpg
    IMG_4758.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3954.jpg
    IMG_3954.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 20
... the church cat.

YQ6b1Yg9C1wvx9vOcm_p3_aTrTXwl3dm2b1Ybs1mdFHKpescy7y02N8JKOxU-bTaCfSfC5H4GuaS2754waTGBQ38rnu4f93rKidkXVwjLHXcrm8adwHFSj7SWzv1SuZmDU_9epH4BBRx2bVDMkEMtm2a3ZzshRCOR9vjk5o6mnsh2gmdsy-dduDoS4r-KrJFN7zttvyEfcSWyZcR-YNi1qw4NwboEoWZMf2l1zmcozAjo-6GCeMbO4LxtIyANhlSW88VU4BE0eCZCwkW_BU577GR4IJdfsDXnsDtg-PfFP7fog0SsPT98xy3DoaRGOXi-Kxd0cCahZWurogHM_4euXRylgoWBghizgvRk6ilgod-hC75UwadIrLvmCRaxmi6lTEFYJ3qY7Ju3hQQkmDeyqbN9rYqWtMFne3LAiff-khM_dB6P0EqR8zB4j49K5Ax3jCvmrsYRh-LGXyN4TEskxTWO5lIjyf1R_suXVSHbdZ7mEvhX6MDWqZpMZK9CgWlotOgXZrw2p_AnGudBR4aHuFR-SMDXSvet18COzHwd3PtAhs1bXu6yNSNIK4wUSZ4vxZFoPrUWR9zwTYhXWGMIB5t4EKrbOoU1rmTx--BPKlxn3xaLeNHEn_FWcnJy1Km7geQZ1WJ0dJkVBkpyPNhVyGOz0GVirgsrNFjIrlrvGShAPsfite3oK-dpEnIaFKclvZaqfEdSCjFE_4mLdNoObbaJDwQ3JNWhI-jyQBj4basKAUvrEXjKoY=w1004-h867-no

William, being William, gets tired easily...…….

William-relaxed.jpg

wife shot this on her phone, to get him before he fell off, looked round to find out if anyone pushed him, er, no, soppy chops.

Last edited:
Test shot on my new camera. Obliging yawn from Dusty.
2020-05-01-TriX400-CanonF1-08.jpg

I dont actually 'own' any cats; but each morning the 3 feral farm cats are at my door demanding food
Years ago the small B&W female disappeared for a while then emerged from under a barn with 4 kittens - I have 1 left
possible brief appearance by Dad
tn_100_3134.JPG

the next time she did this all 5 were taken by the local Cat Rescue Centre......
then she's off to the vet.! Every tried stuffing a feral cat into a carry box........:rolleyes:

in 2019 a huge affectionate ginger showed up.....2 large shaved patches and recent stitched incisions
possibly ran away from home after the op.....my B&W did after her spaying op but she returned
discovering a soft chair in the warm study is better than a cold barn..!
tn_DSCF0622.JPG

so feeding 3 - hope no more..!

sad news --- but I expect Loui was treated royally by all for those 18years

He certainly was, like most cats he ruled the household and we were his servants :LOL:....................

The people of ancient Egypt worshiped the cat god, Bastet, as one of their highest deities

and they've never forgotten it...!!

Back