Catastrophic Camera Failure

Edit My Images
Yes
Oh there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when I realised that my camera failed - a much needed part has just dissapeared and rendered me impotent.

Yes, the little bit of foam which sits under the take up spool of my Beloved Holga has vanished. It's normally held in place with all the strength of double-sided sticky tape. Without it, all is forlorn!

I'm having to resort to using the D200 - what is a man to do? Life will never be the same again.

>>what is a man to do?

Find some random bit of foam somewhere - pillow, camping mat, sofa something like that, and also some new double sided tape. Cut foam to shape and size, apply double sided tape. Job is a good 'un :D

Did you never watch Blue peter man? and anyway, it IS a Holga we are talking about.

B.

BenMottram said:
and anyway, it IS a Holga we are talking about.

B.

You say that as it was a mere £12 camera toy! Oh wait, yes yes it is. But that's not the point.

However, Ben you are my saviour I shall set forth and hunt down this little spare piece of foam as you've suggested.

All may not be lost after all.

Now, where to get said foam and fresh sticky tape in a Hotel in Belgrade?

Wish me well!

>>But that's not the point.

Indeed it is - if it were a mere toy I would be saying throw it away :D

>>where to get said foam and fresh sticky tape in a Hotel in Belgrade?

Examine the chairs in your room! there may be an accessible bit of foam on the underside/inside of the cushions! Sticky tape is possibly more tricky, but behind the fire notice on the door may have some you could optimise!

Good luck in your hunt, and when your mission is complete you should post some pics of the Holga restoration!

Ben

You are knashing teeth,what about me...
F2 meter stopped working,so managed to get a F5....
Meter on that is way out.....
Dim room reading

D300 reads 1sec at F/22

meter on F5 reads 300th at F/22.

Now I will have to send the F5 back,but it,s breaking my heart.....

Oh,I,ve found a guy who will service the F2 but the service I require would be over £100, can,t afford that......

:(:shake::puke:

You say that as it was a mere £12 camera toy! Oh wait, yes yes it is. But that's not the point.

However, Ben you are my saviour I shall set forth and hunt down this little spare piece of foam as you've suggested.

All may not be lost after all.

Now, where to get said foam and fresh sticky tape in a Hotel in Belgrade?

Wish me well!

Chewing gum might make a worthy replacement!

Back