Catch Of the Day.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
It feels really strange positng this at the moment but I've been out and about with Nature this weekend, which is always good for the soul.

I visited my Kingfisher sites, I requested a licence ammendment and I'm now licenced at 2, currently for now at least, active sites. There have been 2 Kingfishers at both sites this last week. I'm leaving them settle in before I attempt pictures but I am watching.

My other little project has been a pair of Great Crested Grebes. I spent some time with them last weekend. I decided to head back yesterday, as I didn't want to overdo it at the Kingfishers. I didn't have a hide with me though and I'd left my scrim in the car. I did manage to use some of the undergrowth as a makeshift hide and whilst not as effective as scrim, the Grebes did come close for a few minutes at one point. I sat there for 3 hours, just taking things in, it's nice to get photos but just being there is the thing. (y)

Catch Of the Day. by Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely birds to photograph, such grace & style.
Chris often commented on the need to get out and take photos as this is a photo forum, he certainly wouldn't have wanted that to stop now. :)

I feel the same way about posting, and agree nature does give the space and time for thoughts.
The colours on these birds really pop against the tone of the water.
Lovely birds to photograph, such grace & style.
Chris often commented on the need to get out and take photos as this is a photo forum, he certainly wouldn't have wanted that to stop now. :)

Cheers guys.

Nice Shot Dale and the LAST thing Chris would have wanted was for us to 'sit on our arses and sulk about'

Back