Cats the Musical - Oasis of the Seas 2015

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all, my son has recently come back from his second contract with Royal Caribbean playing Mungo Jerry in the production of Cats. While I was out there he asked me to take pics so I thought I would share. I met all the cast and crew and they were perfectly ok with me snapping away and sharing them. In fact to my delight some of them made the pics their profile pics which I was pretty chuffed with. Sadly the lighting for Cats is VERY dim and I had to stand at the back so it was high ISO speeds all the way I'm afraid.

IMG_4564 by peejay1977, on Flickr

Untitled by peejay1977, on Flickr

Untitled by peejay1977, on Flickr

IMG_6778 by peejay1977, on Flickr

IMG_6962 by peejay1977, on Flickr

IMG_4399 by peejay1977, on Flickr

IMG_4359 by peejay1977, on Flickr

IMG_4079 by peejay1977, on Flickr

A fine set Paul and you must be really pleased with them, especially as I see from Flickr that the first one was 1/40th with the 300mm lens at iso 6400! Great stuff and I'm not surprised that the performers wanted them for their profiles.

A fine set Paul and you must be really pleased with them, especially as I see from Flickr that the first one was 1/40th with the 300mm lens at iso 6400! Great stuff and I'm not surprised that the performers wanted them for their profiles.

Thanks Peter, yeah the high ISO's were unavoidable really and not something I'd prefer but all things considered they came out better than expected even though the sound engineer did seem to be slightly annoyed at me taking pics!

I like these a lot.
Shooting a proper theatre production is something I would love to try, and if the results were anything like these I would be extremely pleased.

Great work at capturing all these fine
colour tonalities and good renditions too!

This one is a tad warm to be fitting the rest
of the set.

This second set is very well rendered…
too bad her stocking is holy!

Back