North England Cavern Club Liverpool

Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone know if photography is allowed inside the Cavern Club in Liverpool?

Have checked their site but can't find any mention, maybe somebody who has been there can let me know please?

You do know that what passes as the Cavern Club is not the famous venue? That was "redeveloped" some time ago. The present venue merely exists to trap the unwary into parting with their hard earned without giving them the real experience!!!

Photography is allowed mate but the redeveloped club that is mentioned above is in two parts, normally during the day they just have a band on the small stage in the brick archways for the tourists but there is a big room at the back that is sometimes opened up and used for bands to play, it has a proper stage and you normally have to pay to get in but to answer your question yes you can roll up and take photos, I have done it plenty of times.

where's the original cavern club then? i'm up there in a couple of weeks meeting some American friends who want to go sight seeing for the day. they only have the daytime there as the ships in from 7am till 6pm

Same street - it's just that it doesn't exist anymore.

The original was demolished in the 70s and the cellars filled in.

where's the original cavern club then? i'm up there in a couple of weeks meeting some American friends who want to go sight seeing for the day. they only have the daytime there as the ships in from 7am till 6pm

It isn't there anymore. Redeveloped and gorn, long gorn.

If they are on a boat then there will be trips organised for them taking in the whole Beatles experience. Whether they get told the "actualite" or what they want to hear is debatable!

ah I see. or maybe I won't see ;)
there are no trips organized as far as they know, so we're nipping up there to take them around a few places. they have some history in the family on the Wirral side so we'll be taking them where they want instead of tied to any tour.

so, we probably have 8 hours, a couple over the Wirral, the 2 cathedrals, William brown street, cavern club, albert dock, three graces, white star building, with a lunch inbetween. anywhere else I should take them?

Last edited:
Lunch in the 'Phil on Hope Street between the two cathedrals. You must visit the gents in there - even the ladies. Go and have a look and you'll see what I mean. Lots of ladies go, but only when it's not in use!!!

The new Liverpool Museum near the Pier Head is well worth a visit. Look for the futuristic white building.

yes I know that museum mick, went last time I was there in march.
thanks for the tip on 'the phil' for lunch, that sounds about ideal timing between or after the 2 cathedrals. i'm in a wheelchair, so i'll have to check if I can get in, otherwise it's no problem, i'm taking my mum along as they are her cousins, so its really ideal for them to lunch and check the toilets out while I just look around Hope street with the camera

well i'm sure they will take a look, especially now I've told them it has to be checked out.

Back