Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
I've been running CC Cleaner for a few years on my PC with no problems,
and I always "check" do not auto renew. ( I hate these things, it should be opt in not opt out!)

The year ( very recently) I have really struggled to find the don't auto renew.
I did eventually find cancel subscription, buried in the web site. Finally a result.

I run 2 machines, a W7 desk top for "unimportant stuff" like editing and a W11 lap top for the important stuff.
The desk top subscription, as already mentioned was due a few days ago, the lap top has a few months left to run.

I only bought and paid for a single licence
but when I double checked the expiration date on the lap top, its now the same as the PC.
Neither are connected in anyway shape or form. :thinking:

That was weird, Oh well I guess its compensation for all ball ache I had trying to find "do not auto renew"

I agree, opt in, not opt out. And I had a similar issue with McAfee when I needed cancel the auto renewal option, b’tards :mad:

Used CC on my old PC, but never put it on the new one PC, didn't even download it. I felt it was getting a little too demanding, from a marketing sense. Apparently, it's quite difficult to remove too. although I've not tried on the old PC.

I just occasionally do a 'disk clean up' now, and clear the cache and cookies now and again. I'm not sure if that is enough but I've not had any slow downs or issues with the new PC, so far.

I felt it was getting a little too demanding, from a marketing sense.
I've not really had an issue as far as that is concerned, save reminders from about 1 month left.
Apparently, it's quite difficult to remove too. although I've not tried on the old PC.
There is an option there to remove programmes, I wonder if if will remove itself?
:D

Back