Ccleaner comprised

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
"Security Notification for CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191 for 32-bit Windows users

We recently determined that older versions of our Piriform CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191 had been compromised. We resolved this quickly and believe no harm was done to any of our users. This compromise only affected customers with the 32-bit version of the v5.33.6162 of CCleaner and the v1.07.3191 of CCleaner Cloud. No other Piriform or CCleaner products were affected. We encourage all users of the 32-bit version of CCleaner v5.33.6162 to download v5.34 here: download. We apologize and are taking extra measures to ensure this does not happen again."

More details here:

http://www.piriform.com/news/releas...eaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, can't read that black writing on a black background. Can you change the colour to something more visible?

Sorry, can't read that black writing on a black background. Can you change the colour to something more visible?

Should be ok now :)

Please don't use colour tags for black font, it messes with the auto correct for "Night"

Last edited:
Sorry. Copy and pasted, must've bought some formatting across with it.
I think it does, that's not the first time something like that has happened, when someone has C&P'd
I doubt it'll be last, either.
No matter, its easy enough to sort out (y)

Although my laptop is 64-bit and therefore allegedly not affected, a Malwarebytes scan this evening discovered the floxif trojan and quarantined it, this despite previously updating CCleaner to v 5.34 (which is supposed to remove the trojan).
I would recommend anyone using CCleaner run Malwarebytes as a precaution.
It seems that Piriform who distribute CCleaner are now a part of Avast, which seems a bit worrying!

Although my laptop is 64-bit and therefore allegedly not affected, a Malwarebytes scan this evening discovered the floxif trojan and quarantined it, this despite previously updating CCleaner to v 5.34 (which is supposed to remove the trojan).
It seems that Piriform who distribute CCleaner are now a part of Avast, which seems a bit worrying!

Thanks for the heads up gramps. Have Win10 64 bit and id the same scan as you and got the same result. Needless to say removed.

Thanks for the info.

I checked my ccleaner was 64bit on the About page, then used Malwarebytes to check all was well.

It was, although I had forgottten all about this till I saw your post, so thanks again!

Back