CF Cards ?

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I may need a bigger CF card for photos only not video, Its for a D700 Nikon , In the book it says use Type one only
How do I know what cards are type 1 ? . Looked at some on line and cant see a reference to type 1 ?

Help :help:

CF2's were the thicker spec, in the early days you could get miniature hard drives to get the higher capacity (we used to use them in mini pc's) but they soon became superseded by memory cards as they doubled in size.

All the ones these days are CF1 size
A good Sandisk extreme pro 32Gb will set you back around £45. Your camera might not use the 160M/sec but when you've 600+ images on the card, it makes a difference importing them if you use a USB3 card reader.

I got a San Disk Ultra 32GB (50MB/s) for Christmas - so much better than the generic 1GB one I had previously! Means I can start to try play around in RAW now.

First time I used it in my Olympus E300 it took ages (comparatively, only about 5-10 seconds) to read the drive but now I've used it, the camera powers up & is ready for action within the usual second or two - possibly it formatted it or set up some indexing without telling me at first! I don't know what the spec of the original no-name card was but this is certainly quicker in camera.

I use it with a little USB3 reader that plugs into the laptop - transfers nice & quickly.

Back