CF to SD adapter?

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
Are there any "good" ones? With SD card capacity and speed up to "crazy" levels and prices way down compared with CF I find it hard to justify buying another one of those, when my next camera will likely only take SDs. I paid less than £30 for 128GB SD, and will happily add another as a backup. Not happy to pay over > £100 for CF at all.

Are there any "good" ones? With SD card capacity and speed up to "crazy" levels and prices way down compared with CF I find it hard to justify buying another one of those, when my next camera will likely only take SDs. I paid less than £30 for 128GB SD, and will happily add another as a backup. Not happy to pay over > £100 for CF at all.
FWIW I think I have a SanDisk one never used it much!

But AFAIK if you find one I surmise it will have a controller chip in it that will likely reduce the SD cards read/write speeds.

MicroSD to SD is a simple physical straight-through (electrically) adaptor though - SD/CF is a more complex pile of electronics... Inevitably there will be a lag while the electronics "translates" between standards

As mentioned above this is not the best idea. I have only used one for micro SD. Even if you find one for normal SD card I am not sure you'll be able to make use of speeds of a UHS-II card if they work in the first place.

Just buy a new camera already :D

Back