CF to SD adapter?

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
[Censored] Fruitcake Bat
Edit My Images
No
Are there any "good" ones? With SD card capacity and speed up to "crazy" levels and prices way down compared with CF I find it hard to justify buying another one of those, when my next camera will likely only take SDs. I paid less than £30 for 128GB SD, and will happily add another as a backup. Not happy to pay over > £100 for CF at all.

Are there any "good" ones? With SD card capacity and speed up to "crazy" levels and prices way down compared with CF I find it hard to justify buying another one of those, when my next camera will likely only take SDs. I paid less than £30 for 128GB SD, and will happily add another as a backup. Not happy to pay over > £100 for CF at all.
FWIW I think I have a SanDisk one never used it much!

But AFAIK if you find one I surmise it will have a controller chip in it that will likely reduce the SD cards read/write speeds.

MicroSD to SD is a simple physical straight-through (electrically) adaptor though - SD/CF is a more complex pile of electronics... Inevitably there will be a lag while the electronics "translates" between standards

As mentioned above this is not the best idea. I have only used one for micro SD. Even if you find one for normal SD card I am not sure you'll be able to make use of speeds of a UHS-II card if they work in the first place.

Just buy a new camera already :D

Back