cfn 3 on Canon MKIII for basketball!

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anybody give me a list of what they use for custom function 3 section of the 1DMKIII, particulary for basketball. Seem to have issues of focus going onto the crowd, when player is close to them.

I keep same for all sports

1=0
2= -1
3=0
4=0
5=0
6=0
7=
8=0 if i change 8 to 1 then i change 4 to 1
9=3 as find it gets lost and fidley of too many in fast situ
10=1
11=0
12=0
13=1
14=0
15=0

The only ones that shoul effect focus IMHO is the 4 and 8 combo..

Just buy Nikon then you dont need to spend hours arsing around with custom functions, endlessly worrying if you have the best setup :)

Just buy Nikon then you dont need to spend hours arsing around with custom functions, endlessly worrying if you have the best setup :)

It's right though Andy innit.

Not once since going to Nikon have i ever had to go into custom functions to mess about and fine tune, never ever have i had to consider calibrating any lens to any body.

Nikon just works, fact.

Canon should be sued under the trade descriptions act

Last edited:
*yawn*

Why comment if you're not using Canon anymore? It's not exactly helpful to the conversation is it?

I've got my C.Fn III-3 set to 0

I presume it's the AI Servo priority one you're looking at? It would make a difference but not as much as 4 or 8 as Tony says.

I've got my C.Fn III-3 set to 0

I think he meant the whole of cfnIII ..Howver not all have anyhting to do with focus..

I ahve tried many combos and I still have the problem of focus jumping to any bright contrasty object :( on both mkIII and mkIV

Get the milk out for the cat fight (or ginger toms in this case). :)

Rob, re your question on another thread

There used to be a website where people could upload their specific settings in a file (cant remember the filename) for other users to try out

You can save your individual settings to a file and distribute to others as they can to you

Might be worthwhile googling to see if the site still exists, clearly remember some worldwide recognised Pros uploading their CF settings

Back