Changing gear - did it REALLY make any difference?

@adrianday, the still life reference was meant as a comparison.

I know. Most of the photographs I take are fairly static. I was genuinely interested to understand what others consider a technically challenging situation. I hadn't considered tracking focus of moving objects because I hardly ever take pictures of them.

Historically, my keep rate has changed little in 35 years. Digital has had little effect on the way I take photographs. My brain is defiantly analogue in the way it works ;). But again, much of this probably comes down to the type of photographs I generally take.

Thanks again.

Been using a Fuji X-T20 for a week now and the D7200 is gone, I’m enjoying the size and weight saving, image wise, I’ll be honest it’s nade no difference, but I am using my camera now rather than leaving it sat in the cupboard.

Only thing I miss from the Nikon is having a top mounted LCD screen showing the settings, I didn’t realise how much I actually used it.

Shooting mainly wildlife over the digital years I have stuck with canon/Nikon in various forms and types my last rig was a canon 1D body and a sigma 150-600 sport which simply got to heavy for me to enjoy taking advancing years into account ,so just two days ago I changed to a Panasonic g80 and a pano/Leica 100-400 all up weight is 1.5 kg with 5 axis I.s built in early days yet but I think the worst way it will keep my interest up

Shooting mainly wildlife over the digital years I have stuck with canon/Nikon in various forms and types my last rig was a canon 1D body and a sigma 150-600 sport which simply got to heavy for me to enjoy taking advancing years into account ,so just two days ago I changed to a Panasonic g80 and a pano/Leica 100-400 all up weight is 1.5 kg with 5 axis I.s built in early days yet but I think the worst way it will keep my interest up

As you're probably aware Jeff, I let all my Canon gear go and swapped to a pair of X-T2's. The 100-400, with or without the 1.4TC, still doesn't track birds that well (other than things like Kites that are predictable and just hang in the wind). The 50-140 f2.8 on the other hand tracks s well as anything I had on my 7D2.

Horses for courses, but at least I take my gear out with me almost everyday now, unlike the 7D2/150-600 combo that sat either in doors or in the boot of the car.

As you're probably aware Jeff, I let all my Canon gear go and swapped to a pair of X-T2's. The 100-400, with or without the 1.4TC, still doesn't track birds that well (other than things like Kites that are predictable and just hang in the wind). The 50-140 f2.8 on the other hand tracks s well as anything I had on my 7D2.

Horses for courses, but at least I take my gear out with me almost everyday now, unlike the 7D2/150-600 combo that sat either in doors or in the boot of the car.

I am thinking now what took me so long ,I went out yesterday with the camera and lens and a virtually empty backpack on in case it rained ,in future I will probably just take a waterproof bag in my pocket and a w/a lens in the other one .it was a sheer pleasure to go on a long walk knowing I had the same range and better i.q with no weight .yes I might lose "some" b.i.f shots but once I gel with the camera I dont think it will be that much after yesterdays results ,any missed or blurred shots were simply user errors on my part

Back