Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Dipper504.jpg

Dipper502.jpg

Yep,that is a fish.

Dipper503.jpg

A very nice set of captures,.Never seen a capture of a dipper with a fish before,thank you

Neither have I mate............:LOL:

Ta fot comments both of you.

A very nice set of captures,.Never seen a capture of a dipper with a fish before,thank you

I've never seen a Dipper before.......never mind a Dipper with a fish, so thanks for sharing......excellent shots(y)

Some nice captures Ade :clap:

Nice work there. I take it the nest is in that hole in the stonework? A bridge I would guess.

Nice work there. I take it the nest is in that hole in the stonework? A bridge I would guess.

Bang on right mate.Can`t get any nearer to them without getting wet.The river has been very low for weeks,which made me think that the stone had been there some while,I usually sit lower downriver and cannot remember noticing wether they were there last year or not.

This is an uncropped one at full zoom for reference.

Dipper506.jpg

and this one made me smile.

Dipper505.jpg

Last one.

Inbound into the nest.Need better light and a bit more practice to nail this shot.

Dipper507.jpg

That nest hole. Is it directly above the water?
I am still wondering about that stone! It does not seem to have any sign of moss or algae associated with being in the water & shows little sign of wear by water either.
Maybe somebody else is taking pics of them & placed it there.
:shrug::thinking::):)

Last edited:
I don`t think so mate, though I could be wrong..........:shrug:

I`ll take a shot with a wide angle lens sometime and post it up.The rocks don`t get much algae on them as the river is in its upper reaches here, so it is fairly fast flowing.Again, I could well be/probably am wrong.....:LOL:

OOPs.......Yes the hole is directly above water.Imagine looking downstream with the bridge in front of you.The wall is on the left hand side and the road runs along it.About a 20 foot drop I would imagine.

Last edited:
Cheers. They usually nest directly above water. The young come out of the nest & learn to swim!
With what looks like an abundance of food about the river looks very healthy too.
That stone just does not look "right" to me though.

Nice set of shots Ade, I like others have never seen one with a fish before.

Excellent set , thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comments all, I shall return.......if it stops raining.........:LOL:

A fine natural history set, im amazed that it has a fish. I thought it was only insects in their diet. Excellent photos.

I think.

Dipper508.jpg

it is.

Dipper509.jpg

a fish.........:shrug:

Dipper510.jpg

Larvae first then a small fish,though I may be wrong of course.

Thanks for all the comments guys,i`m away on Sunday for 3 weeks or so,as such I shall probably miss the young making thier maiden voyage.Sometimes work is a PITA......:D

Edit......anybody in Yorks/Lancs want to know where they are PM me,you can stand on a public road and see them,though a long lens would be more suitable than a midrange one

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments all..........:)

Back