Cheap Elements 8

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
On my way home from work last night, popped into Currys & they are selling off Elements 8 for £9.95

is this in the bargin bins in store? IT doesn't seem to be listed on thier website

Im going to take bus ride to currys, keeping my fingers crossed theyve got some in stock,

I couldn't see it anywhere in store, but because I'd seen it mentioned in this thread I asked a member of staff to look and she checked on the computer and it showed they had one so she went and found it for me, it was somewhere behind a counter, not on display anywhere.

They had actually sold out of the £9.95 Elements 8 in that store but had Elements 8 bundled with Premiere 8 for £14.95 so I bought that (no harm in having a video package as well for £5 as I might take some video clips on holiday)

Dex, might be worth ringing to see if they have some in stock?

Last edited:
Well, that was an expensive trip out!

The first sales guy we spoke to said there was no chance any photoshop software would be £10, and instead insisted on showing me the Elements 9 boxes, prices up at £85ish - a blooming long way from the £44 currently showing on their website. Anyway, I pushed him a bit saying thats not what I'd gone in for there anyway and managed to persuade him to check the stock list on their system. It clearly showed 3 copies of 8 for Mac and 2 for Windows, yet he still told me they didn't have it as everything would be out on the shelves. Thankfully at that point another salesman came across who did actually manage to go off and find me one at £9.97.

And the expensive bit of the visit? We've ended up spending out on a new laptop! Ooooops! All I now have to do is decide which puter to put my new elements on to. Well, that or go back and get the other copy of it :LOL:

Back