Cheap flights

Name
Mr Compatible Ink
Edit My Images
No
If you google this the results are overwhelming, so i wanted to ask which sites do you recommend for flights or holidays?

Depends on what you are after. For flights, I use Skyscanner - but once i have decided on flights I then book direct with airline, some of the cheaper providers are a bit dodgy!!! Note, that for long haul flights the price you see is always with no hold luggage etc... so often need to add on.Hotels, normally booking.com but if I was booking a package deal it would be one of the main players - what holiday/flights are you after?

Give Travel Republic a try. Have used them quite a few times and had no trouble with them, been very helpful, but I have heard otherwise.....

Depends on what you are after. For flights, I use Skyscanner - but once i have decided on flights I then book direct with airline, some of the cheaper providers are a bit dodgy!!! Note, that for long haul flights the price you see is always with no hold luggage etc... so often need to add on.Hotels, normally booking.com but if I was booking a package deal it would be one of the main players - what holiday/flights are you after?

I visit Italy 4 times a year, so flights for that, and i also fancy going to South America, especially Tierra del fuego Chile.

Skyscanner is pretty good....set up price alerts on routes you are interested in and you'll be notified when prices drop.

Check out the reputation of the agencies offering the best prices and choose one of the better ones . Check for 'cashback' - it'll never be much on flights alone (~1-2%) but for a 'click-through' you may as well have it . Cashback on hotels (use Trivago to compare prices) is much better - typically 10-15%, and with ebookers, another 3% 'bonus' to use on future bookings.

Yesterday the cheapest return flights i could find were £160, that's down to £98 with Travel Republic :D

Give Travel Republic a try. Have used them quite a few times and had no trouble with them, been very helpful, but I have heard otherwise.....

We've used them as well and generally good, however, one thing to be aware of is that if there's a problem with your flight they are very limited with their powers to help because it's only the airline companies themselves who have the full power to make changes on the actual system (which the airport also use and go with).

If you want to fly to the same destination more than twice a year then an annual pre-paid package such as Optiontown (FlightPass) makes sense. We do at least 6 return journeys to Hamburg a year and flights with BA are £60 per flight (full economy fare with hold luggage and full tier points/avios) - £120 return- which while in periods of low demand (winter months) doesn't represent much of a saving, it does mean that we can fly for that price in holiday/bank holiday periods when normal prices have risen dramatically. The only condition is that we book our flights well in advance (30 days before travel).

Only snag is customer service with OptionTown is below par.

I used travel republic for my Thai holiday. No complaints, in fact, the hotel had the wrong description when we booked it, called them up and they changed it for a more expensive hotel for a reduced cost :)

Back