Cheap - Gimbal kind of thing

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Before I decide if I want to get into the video side of things, is there a cheaper kind of Gimbal thing a for point and shoot I can try to see if I like videoing?

About the cheapest I've seen is this on ebay. I doubt theres much cheaper, and I've no idea what it's like, but to be honest for £15 I'm tempted to buy one just too see.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handheld-Video-Stabilizer-Steady-cam-for-DSLR-DV-Digital-Camcorder-Camera-Iphone/173021388545?hash=item2848e0df01:g:confused:cMAAOSwuOxZv1YX
Or this for £35, which looks exactly like one I tried at a wedding a few weeks ago, that one was great but you have to ballance it first (the video guy told me was a pain) still looks a lot tougher.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S40-40cm...m=272303848752&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

Last edited:
Sort of thing I'm after but might be big for a point and shoot size camera?

That £15 one, do you think it's one of those that whatever way you move the camera stays steady?

Sort of thing I'm after but might be big for a point and shoot size camera?

That £15 one, do you think it's one of those that whatever way you move the camera stays steady?
I'd be guessing and say it smooths out the movements a lot, never going to be as good as a proper steadycam, but then it's a lot cheaper too.
I saw a home made one some years back based on the full blown movie steadycams, body harness and straps, big springs the works, it was a work of art, the bloke told me it cost him about £50 to make.

I know it wont be all that but it will give me a taste (hopefully) whether it's for me or not.

I
I know it wont be all that but it will give me a taste (hopefully) whether it's for me or not.
'll probably order one myself, but I've spent enough this moth as it is, "her indoors" will have a fit if I buy any more.

Isn't that a bit like saying you've bought a train set / scalextric for your son?

I bit the bullet and bought a Crane 2, not had much chance to use it, and I'm still wearing an air boot after breaking my foot.

I'm looking forward to using it in Tokyo later this month, I'll hopefully post some results!

Some of the top Youtuber' still rate their Glidecams though and Neewer do a copy for 60 quid.

What did you think of it? I am looking for something similar.

It works, but it is kind of fiddly getting the balance right. I found it easier using just the hand grip. I could have just used any of my mini tripod really :)

Back