Cheap (poster) picture frames from?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Im looking to buy some picture frames A3(+). I can print the images to match the size of the frames but I max out at A3+.

I don’t want to spend a fortune but would happily buy six frames @£25 each.

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
I can print the images to match the size of the frames but I max out at A3+
Don't rule out frames larger than A3+ format.

You could possibly print borderless on A3+ paper then mount into a larger frame by placing a white/ black or whatever colour background behind the print to give a border.

Depending on the image, and the frame style/ colour, a paper border can offer a dramatic effect when viewed hung on a wall.

OP
Brazo
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Possibly not the quality you're looking for, but The Range has a fair amount of picture frames if you have one near you?
https://www.therange.co.uk/picture-...s/single-frames/#sort=relevance&page=1&lpp=24
Thanks

I did see some nice reduced ones in Next but they only had a few of each type on the shop floor and not a single staff member to ask what they had out back. Even when a call was put out for me no one came!
I don’t mind paying more I just want a frame that isn’t going to ‘bow’ in the middle!

Name
droj
Edit My Images
No
You could possibly print borderless on A3+ paper then mount into a larger frame by placing a white/ black or whatever colour background behind the print to give a border.
But I hope that you're also thinking of a card mount, Asha, to space the print surface from the back of the glazing material so it doesn't stick to it? Which might up the cost a bit.

That's another thing, Mark - images don't always fill the frame. But some frames come with a mount (card surround with a standard-sized image aperture). They often look better that way.

I think most budget frames are probably synthetic wood product (mdf) with a foil wrap, but some have real glass whilst most have styrene, a quite soft plastic which scratches easily, even through being dusted - and dust does settle on & cling to pictures, so they do need wiping ...

IKEA have quite a range & are available on-line.

Last edited: