Cheap (poster) picture frames from?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Im looking to buy some picture frames A3(+). I can print the images to match the size of the frames but I max out at A3+.

I don’t want to spend a fortune but would happily buy six frames @£25 each.

I've had good frames at fair prices from IKEA if there's one near you.
As always when buying them, check carefully for damage before you pay for them and look out for some of the cheaper frames with plastic not glass.

I can print the images to match the size of the frames but I max out at A3+

Don't rule out frames larger than A3+ format.

You could possibly print borderless on A3+ paper then mount into a larger frame by placing a white/ black or whatever colour background behind the print to give a border.

Depending on the image, and the frame style/ colour, a paper border can offer a dramatic effect when viewed hung on a wall.

Possibly not the quality you're looking for, but The Range has a fair amount of picture frames if you have one near you?
https://www.therange.co.uk/picture-...s/single-frames/#sort=relevance&page=1&lpp=24
Thanks

I did see some nice reduced ones in Next but they only had a few of each type on the shop floor and not a single staff member to ask what they had out back. Even when a call was put out for me no one came!
I don’t mind paying more I just want a frame that isn’t going to ‘bow’ in the middle!

You could possibly print borderless on A3+ paper then mount into a larger frame by placing a white/ black or whatever colour background behind the print to give a border.
But I hope that you're also thinking of a card mount, Asha, to space the print surface from the back of the glazing material so it doesn't stick to it? Which might up the cost a bit.

That's another thing, Mark - images don't always fill the frame. But some frames come with a mount (card surround with a standard-sized image aperture). They often look better that way.

I think most budget frames are probably synthetic wood product (mdf) with a foil wrap, but some have real glass whilst most have styrene, a quite soft plastic which scratches easily, even through being dusted - and dust does settle on & cling to pictures, so they do need wiping ...

IKEA have quite a range & are available on-line.

Last edited:
Back