Cheapest place to by filters?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Wheres the best place to buy filters from? Im going to a nice sea side town next week, and only just bought my camera so im assuming polirizing filters will help bring the best out of the sea side?

I only have the following 2 lenses to play with though-

- Nikon AF-S 18-55mm DX F3.5-5.6G IF-ED Zoom Lens
- Nikon AF-S 55-200mm F4-5.6 G ED lens

So wheres the cheapest folks :)

ps I need them on or before monday next week.

Cheapest place would be ebay.. bear in mind that with filters quality really matters.

Used these recently really good service, I highly recommend them. Good prices on other items also (y)

Link seems to be broked :shrug:

Must have done something stupid :bonk:, will try again when I get in from work :)

A polariser will certainly help in that situation.

You turn it to get the best effect. They work best when the light is to the left or right of you and do next to nothing when it is in front, behind or above you. I wouldn't be without mine.

I found a place locally called Denton Photo Optics. They do Cokin, Kood and other stuff quite cheaply. Ring them up and their really friendly too (y)

A polariser will certainly help in that situation.

You turn it to get the best effect. They work best when the light is to the left or right of you and do next to nothing when it is in front, behind or above you. I wouldn't be without mine.

How do you mean you turn it? is that why there is a screw bit and a turny bit? I thought that was just a weird design to annoy people.

What does turning it do?

How do you mean you turn it? is that why there is a screw bit and a turny bit? I thought that was just a weird design to annoy people.

What does turning it do?

Have a google for polarizer , it is basically a slot to let light from only one orientation through. You "turn" the filter to match the "bouncy light stuff" ;) reducing glare etc.

my favourite example shot ;)

polarizer.jpg

Have a look if jessops have a closing store near to you.
The one at Horwich (bolton) have a load of filters going cheap. For example Hoya Pro 1 Digital Cir-pol, £16 and Cokin P filters £2

:O I never knew that. Might have a ride up there tomorrow.

Have a google for polarizer , it is basically a slot to let light from only one orientation through. You "turn" the filter to match the "bouncy light stuff" ;) reducing glare etc.

my favourite example shot ;)

polarizer.jpg

How do i know when its set right then, is it clear in the viewfinder?

Yup, you look through the viewfinder and find the most optimal position.

Back