Chester Zoo Tigers (& a pretty boy)

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I was at the Zoo yesterday - didn't bump into LCPete though he was there at the same time :bonk:

Spent most of my time at the Tigers rather than my usual waiting (patiently of course :LOL:) outside the jaguar enclosure. Here are a few from the day - the weather was terrible for most of the day so I was really happy when it brightened up a bit :)
C&C welcome & appreciated (y)

1. Thirsty work being this scary :LOL:

Tiger_drinking.jpg

2. MINE!!

Tiger_snarling.jpg

3. The promised pretty boy :p

Parrot_01.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

great composition all 3
#1 and #2 exposure spot on
#3 looks a little drab
do the colours need a bit of help mebbe?

Loving #1!!! (y)

great composition all 3
#1 and #2 exposure spot on
#3 looks a little drab
do the colours need a bit of help mebbe?

Cheers Mike, I tried adding some more saturation to the shot but didn't feel that it worked too well in keeping with my other shots from the day (the weather was drab so I thought I go for the same :LOL:)
I'm just trying to tie my portfolio together with lots of the same tones & levels of saturation in my shots - remains to be seen whether or not it'll work though...

Loving #1!!! (y)

Cheers (y)

As ever they are all very good, but #1 for me Mike, a nice bit of eye contact there.(y)

Hi Mike shame I missed you at the zoo
These are wonderful Tiger shots you did really well as its a difficult enclosure to get any sort of shot.
You've given me the incentive to try the Tigers again next time I go :)
Pete

PS did you happen to notice if the otters were out ? I did not see them out which is very unusual

Well caught with #1 Mike :clap:
#2 aint 'arf bad either (y)
#3 look more a painting to be honest, is that good or bad? not sure but its a different take on a "well used" subject :D

Cheers for the feedback Pete, you'll have to give me a shout when you're next going (y)

The otters were out towards the end of the afternoon - squeaking really loudly at everyone that walked past! :LOL:

Hi Mike I will give you a shout, I'm there quite often.
Pete

very nice shots mike (y)

1st and 3rd for me mike..
well done glad your getting on well with the new toy..

:thinking: dont suppose you got a shot just before the 1st with the water unbroken . with a nice reflection ,that would have made another great shot im sure..

md(y)

great set of shots, really like the first (y)

Thanks Chloe :)

1st and 3rd for me mike..
well done glad your getting on well with the new toy..

:thinking: dont suppose you got a shot just before the 1st with the water unbroken . with a nice reflection ,that would have made another great shot im sure..

md(y)

Cheers Dave - I did get a shot like that but it wasn't as strong eye contact wise - like he'd seen someone tastier looking over my shoulder :LOL: (y)

excellent detailing on great shots (y)

All great shots, but agree with mmcp42 about the colours.
As others have said, loving #1 for the eye contaact you've capured.

Cheers for the feedback Torpedo (y)
The colour & toning is the same I use for all of my images, just the way I post process - the parrot image may be a tiny bit darker than I usually go for though which may have resulted in more drab colours - I'll see how it looks lightened up a tad (y)

:clap: Superb Tiger shots. #2 for me, for being such a different angle (y)

Great shots Mike especially the two of the Tiger(s).
Would the shot of the birdy look (dare I say) better composition if you cropped the top of the picture to just above his wing ?? (Just an Idea)

Would the shot of the birdy look (dare I say) better composition if you cropped the top of the picture to just above his wing ?? (Just an Idea)

Feel free to offer honest feedback on my shots any time mate (*...strikes Gibbo off Christmas card list for using the forum correctly* :LOL:)

I did actually try what you suggested but as I keep all of my shots to the same aspect ratio I just couldn't get it to look right - if I cropped closer to the wing then I lost either the space he was looking into or clipped too close to his wing :bang: I settled for adding on an extra few inches to the left of the shot so as I could crop a bit closer but the bird must've just been chunky & determined to make my life awkward :LOL:

Cheers for the suggestion mate (& congrats on the recent photo thing with the ship too (y))

Thanx Mike.
If I send you an adressed pre signed xmas card to send to me will you post it.... I do realy want at least one card this year...... :D

Thanx Mike.
If I send you an adressed pre signed xmas card to send to me will you post it.... I do realy want at least one card this year...... :D

It's a lot of effort to walk to that post box but as it'd be Christmas I may see if I can bring myself to do it :LOL:

Stunning shots of the tigers - I would pay for pics like those.

Thank you Zarozinia, much appreciated (y)

I like all three, just as they are!

Thanks Carole :) (y)

Beautiful shots Mike (y)
Your animal shots always impress me, I think your processing style really comes into its own on shots like these.
Loving the tigers, very nicely caught.
Both have a very majestic 'dont even think about it' look :LOL:

Ill pay for a taxi to and from the PO :cautious: honest

:LOL: You've got a deal (& a card) :LOL:

Beautiful shots Mike (y)
Your animal shots always impress me, I think your processing style really comes into its own on shots like these.
Loving the tigers, very nicely caught.
Both have a very majestic 'dont even think about it' look :LOL:

:) Thanks Glo (y)

Back