weekly Chevin's 52 for 2022 .... Week 42 ... Precision

"Half of" this week. The old half-penny ceased to be legal tender 31st July 1969 ... the days when 2 half pennies made a penny, 12 pennies made a shilling, 2 shillings and six pence made a half a crown, 8 half a crowns made a pound. You put things in context, a pint of beer was one & six (one shilling and six pence). Coming from a family of hoarders (on both sides) we've a fair collection of pre-decimal coins & notes.

2022- Half of by Chevin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Good bit of owd stuff :)

That's a good one Duncan, and really interesting commentary (to me).

Ah, I remember those days Duncan.
Funnily enough I's sure I had an old half penny (ha'penny) around somewhere and was going to use it for this weeks's theme but I couldn't find it!
Nicely shot!

Brings back memories of my coin collection :D

Nicely set up and taken Duncan :D

Good bit of owd stuff :)
Thanks Oy, not owd for me but very contemporary :p

That's a good one Duncan, and really interesting commentary (to me).
Thanks Bill, I always try and add a commentary to either explain or put things in context.

Ah, I remember those days Duncan.
Funnily enough I's sure I had an old half penny (ha'penny) around somewhere and was going to use it for this weeks's theme but I couldn't find it!
Nicely shot!
Thanks Simon, It's rather frightening that I remember it was if it was yesterday until I go for a pint and get charged £4.00 and come crashing back to reality.

Brings back memories of my coin collection :D

Nicely set up and taken Duncan :D
Thanks Alan, my "collection" for a better word is in various tins, pots & boxes, I use the coppers when we play dominos for a penny a spot (showing my age again :D)

I've a load of catching up to do (4 weeks), however as I spent most of yesterday baking, this is an image of the end results.

There's Rustic White, Malted Multigrain, Whole Wheat Sourdough and Focaccia in the image which I bake for the local community food bank (plus myself of course :))

2022- Food by Chevin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Mmmmmmm... the Focaccia looks delish!!!!

Week 32 - Internals
I'm going to re-start taking film images so I'm recommissioning my film gear.
These are the internals of a 35mm f2 Nikkor that I used for a long while. I've stripped the lens down to clean & grease the focus helicoids which have become a bit stiff.
I shot predominantly in B&W with the lens so I thought it appropriate to show the image in B&W.

2022- Internals by Chevin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great shot Duncan, I'm always scared to take these things apart. Usually ending up with extra parts after I put them together.

Damn! I was hoping the lens had been stripped because it was fnurkled rather than for rebuilding! I've been after an F mount to screw/glue to a pinhole conversion on one of those Lens Mugs so I can mount an "L" lens to a Nikon!

Definitely counts as internals - the sort most of us hope to never see!!!

Great shot Duncan, I'm always scared to take these things apart. Usually ending up with extra parts after I put them together.

Thanks Bill, I'm not worried about stripping down Nikon lenses you just have to be regimented about how you manage the bits. I have multi compartment boxes which I number in the order I've stripped the lens down.

Damn! I was hoping the lens had been stripped because it was fnurkled rather than for rebuilding! I've been after an F mount to screw/glue to a pinhole conversion on one of those Lens Mugs so I can mount an "L" lens to a Nikon!

Definitely counts as internals - the sort most of us hope to never see!!!

Thanks Nod, Unfortunately I don't have a spare F mount I could offer you.

Nice idea Duncan and well composed.

Thanks Pete

They are definitely internal! Rather you than me... I wouldn't know where to start.

Week 33-Square

A JIT this week. The image is of a framed Jock Scott Salmon Fly tied on an eyeless hook using the old Gut-Eye method. It was tied by a friend of mine from Holland a couple of years before he passed away ... this is in memory

Week33_Square by Chevin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Square. Lovely back story and beautiful fly
Small. Gosh, the detail is amazing. Well shot.

Great macro shot Duncan, I wouldn't have known what it was without your commentary.

Small indeed.
Macro lens or microscope?
Thanks Peter, I used a 60mm f2.8 Olympus macro with a 5 image stack

Square. Lovely back story and beautiful fly
Small. Gosh, the detail is amazing. Well shot.
Thank you very much Helen

Great macro shot Duncan, I wouldn't have known what it was without your commentary.
Thanks Bill, the image was quite surprising when you looked at the pin head which appeared quite smooth in normal eyesight

Great detail.
Thank you Alan

Back