Chillimonster's '365'

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
My first entry into my 365 'blog' has been posted up on my Flickr and my Zenfolio sites.

3170840731_5d650b129c_o.jpg

Bringing in the New-Year with a BANG!

Well, its the first day of my '365' and i thougt i'd get it done and dusted early-on :)

Caitlin, my youngest is covering her ears as she was expecting a loud bang, and in reality it was just a little louder than a standard party popper. After this the kids went berserk, going through a bag and a half of standard party-poppers in 5 minutes (guess who'll have to clean that up in the morning!!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Also available on my Flickr and Zenfolio pages ;)

Flickr

Zenfolio

Happy New-Year!

*chr

Chris

Last edited:
<--- Pats you in the back. Good luck with your '365 . . . and I must say that picture is providing a cracking start! I love how the colours matches (pink and light blue) and with a nice dark background (apart from that tiny object right to the bottom left hand corner). The whole thing really works very well.

Last edited:
Congratulations Chris... :clap: ... great start... :) ... but a seriously awesome task lay ahead so good luck to you... :naughty:

HNY to you and yours too... (y)

:p

Excellent start to your 365. Look forward to seeing the rest.

Happy New Year M8.

Thanks All :D

The object is a garden chair. I had the kids stand at the top of the steps to the raised decking in the back, and used flash to keep the background as dark as possible, but didn't notice the chair at the time :bang:

I've got some ideas for a few of the days, its just the other 350 that worry me :eek: :LOL:

Chris

Great first shot Chris :) Really look forward to the rest! Stick with it, it gets easier after a few months :p

Good luck. I tried it and failed horribly.

I've got some ideas for a few of the days, its just the other 350 that worry me :eek: :LOL:

Yeah, that's what puts me off trying something like this. I just don't have the experience or skill to even attempt it. Good luck with it. I think you've set a very high standard with the first shot, so it'll be interesting to see if you improve over the year.

A fabulous start, I was tucked up in bed when you took that! :D

Best of lick with the 365! (y)

Great start and another thread for me to check out daily!

You do realise though, that you've set the bar really high for yourself with the rest of the year still to go?? I'm sure you'll be up to the challenge.

:clap::clap::clap:

Yeah, that's what puts me off trying something like this. I just don't have the experience or skill to even attempt it. Good luck with it. I think you've set a very high standard with the first shot, so it'll be interesting to see if you improve over the year.

I thinks its worth trying as its going to force me to think more about my photography and to use my camra more, and that cant be a bad thing can it?

great first shot really like that

A fabulous start, I was tucked up in bed when you took that! :D

Best of lick with the 365! (y)

The kids were complaining that it was -7 deg C outside, but bribary with hot chocolate worked a treat :D

Great start and another thread for me to check out daily!

You do realise though, that you've set the bar really high for yourself with the rest of the year still to go?? I'm sure you'll be up to the challenge.

:clap::clap::clap:

I know, and i suspect that some of the shots may be more 'mundane' captures of every day life for an 8 & 11 year old. The more adventurous shots will probably appear at weekends.

Chris

Wahey! Happy New Year and good luck with the 365!
I'm sure you'll be fine. Like Lemon says, stick with it, it does get easier.

Great image to start the year off with a bang too. :

3170842857_086a44f98e_o.jpg

Peek-a-boo!

I had to go to work today, so my mum had the kids for the day (my wife had to work as well). My wife arrived home before me, so i collected the kids, and 'delivered' them home. This shot was Rebecca's idea and it kinda worked, but the DOF was just a bit too thin, but after they heard the shutter fire, thats it - they were off into the house and the moment had gone, and i had to head off out agiain. By the time i got back it was dark and the shot could not be re-done :(

They have both really got into the idea of the whole 365 thing, giving me loads of ideas that i am keeping logged on a wonderfull little iPhone app called YouNote (I think i have around 60-70 ideas at the moment :) )

Last edited:
I love that shot! :clap: If they've got that many ideas, they should feel free to throw a few over this way! :D

Good luck with the 365 Chilli your off to a cracking start both great shots, sounds like you should have some interesting shots coming up with all your ideas looking forward to seeing them :)

Sean

Good luck with the 365 Chilli your off to a cracking start both great shots, sounds like you should have some interesting shots coming up with all your ideas looking forward to seeing them :)

Sean

Thanks Sean :)

I agree with the above, cracking shots, wishing all the luck in the world with this (y)

Good start (y)
I fully understand the wanting/needing to retake a shot but the moment's gone!

3170845609_d67d42646c_o.jpg

"I Wish it could be Christmas Everyday"

Well today's the day the Christmas decorations come down (I Know, I Know - 12th night and all that!).

The girls LOVE Christmas, as i expect most children do, and its always sad faces when the decorations have to come down, with cries of "But the house looks bare!"

They both did really well, again, this Christmas despite me promising not to spoil them rotten, but i'm their dad, and its my job to spoil them. They are my reason for getting up in the morning and my reason for going out earning a crust every day. I would spend my last penny to make sure they were happy.

Do you know what my biggest worry in life is? My kids growing up, looking back at their younger years and being dissapointed in their dad, for whatevery reason. So i make it my lifes work to ensure that that does not happen. We go out whenever we can (pictures / eating out / swimming / concerts etc), we have regular holidays, and generally try to have a good time together as a family.

Last edited:
Great capture Chilli your kids look really happy, the illusion of the lights being on without being plugged in is great. Like the little back story to mate well done :)

Sean

3171676860_8bfee2ec40_o.jpg

Spinning The Wheel!

Following on from yesterdays entry, today we went to Manchester as we do every year just after Christmas (We normally go between Christmas and New-Year, but left it a little later this year)

A walk around the shops to treat the girls to something, a ride on the big wheel, and a nice meal at Frankie & Benny's to round it off. We're now back home and about to settle down with the pop-corn (Butterkist toffee popcorn :) ) to watch Mamma-Mia on DVD. A pefrect day if ever there was one.

They are back to school tomorrow, and there social lives are back in full swing from this week too (Swimming / Dancing / After-School clubs etc), so early night for them tonight.

Last edited:
Great thread and pictures so far :)

It will be so valuable when you finish and have a whole year of your girls' lives documented.. when you see someone everyday you don't notice to subtle changes happening, so it will be amazing to see how much they have changed over the year! And it is so lovely to see such open remarks about a fathers love for his daughters! They certainly look very happy indeed :D

Great thread and pictures so far :)

It will be so valuable when you finish and have a whole year of your girls' lives documented.. when you see someone everyday you don't notice to subtle changes happening, so it will be amazing to see how much they have changed over the year! And it is so lovely to see such open remarks about a fathers love for his daughters! They certainly look very happy indeed :D

Thanks Selkie

3171679196_de20c5b042_o.jpg

The Daily Grind!

Back to school today for my two girls, and it's taken its toll on them both! They LOVE school and generally love learning about anything and everything.

3174686638_b4930a3bc9_o.jpg

These are the Threadgolds - They Swim like Fish!!

Swimming Club starts again tonight, after a long lay-off due to pool refurbishments during November and December. Seems like forever. It also means that i'm back at the Gym tonight as i tend to go while the kids are swimming as its in the same building. Not looking forward to it, but we ALL need to get some exercise and get fit again after the excesses of Christmas.

Great shot chilli you have a good eye for composition and funs shots well done again mate.

Sean

Back