Chillimonster's '365'

Nearly there, Chris, and you're still creating a great shot every day. Time to start planning next year's 365! :p

Happy Christmas to you and your family - I'm looking forward to all the turkey and tinsel shots! :D

Thanks John.

I 'want' to do something next year, as the 365 this year has made me use the camera every day and taught me not to be a 'gear-head'. I started the year with the D700 and a bag full of lenses, and went through various camera until i ended up with the GF1.

I'm using this more than any of the previous cams as its small enough to have with me every day rather than leaving it at home as its too heavy / bulky..

Christmas day will be a 'curry shot' as there are ten of us going to an Indian Restaurant for Christmas Dinner :D

Thanks John.

I 'want' to do something next year, as the 365 this year has made me use the camera every day and taught me not to be a 'gear-head'. I started the year with the D700 and a bag full of lenses, and went through various camera until i ended up with the GF1.

I'm using this more than any of the previous cams as its small enough to have with me every day rather than leaving it at home as its too heavy / bulky..

Christmas day will be a 'curry shot' as there are ten of us going to an Indian Restaurant for Christmas Dinner :D

Ah, turkey curry! :LOL:

4209755732_ae078504da_o.jpg

"Nice To See You, To See You Nice!"

We went up to mum's to see the girls tonight as they stayed there last night, and due to an early start and the ice roads at the moment they are staying there again tonight.

The girls really enjoy staying at their grans (and she loves having them), but we do so miss them when they are not around - it's just too peaceful!

4208996917_6f48c29a78_o.jpg

"The Childless Couple!"

Another night without the girls tonight, and we will hardly see them tomorrow due to work, then a trip to the Theatre for Kerie and myself to see White Christmas at the Lowry.

They should be sound asleep b y the time we return from the theatre or Santa won't come :D

Well, I guess you're out, but I'm wishing all the 365ers a Merry Christmas at the mo, so Merry Christmas to you and the girls too :D

4219951502_09532a7ec5_o.jpg

"The Best Presents In The World.....EVER!"

I'm not really one for receiving gifts (although i do enjoy giving them).

This year, like last year, and the year before (an so on), i got the best gift a dad could ever want - another year with his two wonderful daughters. Who could want anything else!

4222360791_1bbfd6c5f9_o.jpg

"Like Father, Like Daughter!"

Caitlin got an iPod Touch for Christmas (along with many other things). At least she wont pinch mums iPhone now!

4223127230_242013c047_o.jpg

"Many Hands make Light Work..."

Caitlin and Rebecca helped to change the bedding and curtains today for the ones that they got as Christmas Presents.

1 day to go Chris, bet the girls are pleased :LOL:

Not as pleasde as i am - i've really struggled for time these last few months, but kept it going somehow (as i'm sure we all have). I've resorted to browsing other peoples 365's on my phone due to lack of time.

Until Daddy mentions that he is doing another 365 ;)

:LOL: - NOT A CHANCE!

I think the girls should do a 365 and take a shot of Chris every day for a year.. :LOL:

You'd get a week into it and would be begging them to stop - there's only so much of me the other forum members could / would take!!

4232782873_bbf93f56b1_o.jpg

"Cleaning Up Her Act!!"

Caitlin loves having a bath when she has time, and loves to have the jaccuzi on to make loads of bubbles. She'll quite happily spend hours in there playing and just relaxing. Her sister prefers a quick shower and back to what she was doing ASAP!

4233559086_a0d07d9e9e_o.jpg
4232786721_9dd5735f17_o.jpg

"Goodbye 2009 - Hello 2010"

Well, that's the end of the 365. It's been a blast, with lots of highs and lows, and i'm sure in years to come i'll attempt another.

Looking back over the last year it amazes me that i actaully managed it (ther were a few times when i thought about giving up altogether, but kept going)

Now onto compiling the pictures into a book for the girls' memory boxes.

Thanks to all that commented on this thread, without those comments, I'm sure i would have given up months ago, and those that had there own 365, please accept my apologies for lack of input in the last couple of months. I still viewed the threads, but life got in the way big time recently, so commenting on them was a rare occurrence :(

All the best for the new year :)

Superb ending Chris. :clap: A very happy new year to you and the ladies. (y)

Well done Chris, love the last shot ;)

I'm looking to get a photo book done too, 365 photo's is going to be expensive though....

Congratulations on reaching the end and having a superb set of shots to look back on. Thanks also for all your supportive comments on my 365, I'm hoping to be able to join in on TP more next year now I'm doing a 52 instead of a life-taking-over 365! :LOL:

Better late than never! I've just caught up with the last few weeks of your 365. How you kept it up I'll never know, but you did it - and did it in style. Well done, Chris and all the best to you and your family for 2010. :)

Just a bit of a resurrection for this thread!!!

I'm finally getting some pictures down in the Blurb software and am having a nightmare with the layouts, or more to the point with the amount of text.

I'd always envisaged the book as a 'photo book' rather than a story book and wanted to show a year in the life of my two girls. But, from an viewing perspective, is the narrative important or do the pictures have enough of an impact with just the title?

In my opinion it does (but that could just be me being lazy and looking for an easy life :D)

Opinions greatly appreciated (y)

When I was planning my Blurb book, the narrative was incredibly important. Sometimes the photo enough doesn't explain the thoughts and reasonings behind it.

PS. What happened to all the pics? Looks like you nuked flickr?

When I was planning my Blurb book, the narrative was incredibly important. Sometimes the photo enough doesn't explain the thoughts and reasonings behind it.

PS. What happened to all the pics? Looks like you nuked flickr?

Yeah, i nuked flickr and my other online librarys after a torrent of abusive messages accusing me of all manner of unsavoury things :(

I ended up on sleepers for two months as i was that screwed up and sold all the gear.

I dont even have a camera phone now :bang:

There's only so many times you can be accused before it starts having an effect and when it gets to the stage that fingers get pointed when you get a camera out it's time to call it quits.

Its always easy to say what you would do in that situation, but the reality can be very different :(

All this started from one paranoid parent at swimming club..........

Yeah, i nuked flickr and my other online librarys after a torrent of abusive messages accusing me of all manner of unsavoury things :(

I ended up on sleepers for two months as i was that screwed up and sold all the gear.

I dont even have a camera phone now :bang:

There's only so many times you can be accused before it starts having an effect and when it gets to the stage that fingers get pointed when you get a camera out it's time to call it quits.

Its always easy to say what you would do in that situation, but the reality can be very different :(

All this started from one paranoid parent at swimming club..........

Really sorry to hear this Chris - you've produced some great images in this thread for us all to enjoy. Chin up!

Flippin ek Chris that's terrible.

Really hope you are starting to feel a bit better and really hope you come back to your hobby when you are ready to do so.

Thoughts are with you dude.

Holy ****!
I actually looked to you as an inspiration as someone who rode against the tide of the daily mail brigade. But as you say there's only so much you can take :(

I'm really sorry to hear that :(

Back