Chilly Weekend Shots

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title says, went out early morning with intent to catch the sunrise and the cool clear air.

Millhouse-Sunrise.jpg

_MG_0616-01changed.jpg

_MG_0644-01change1.jpg

This is a great set of pictures, getting up early to catch the cool light and the frost has paid off for you.

I don’t think the fence adds anything to the first shot personally and draws my eyes out of the frame instead of into the picture. A simple crop will correct that though.

The second one is great, very clear and crisp but you have a slight dark halo around the outside of the blades against the sky, I am guessing it’s from a little to much USM at a large radius. Watch carefully when applying, especially on pictures with very clean backgrounds.

The third one is unusual to me as I have never seen the blades with the ends at a different angle to the rest. That makes it different to all the other shots I have seen. I would clone out the trail from the aeroplane though as that again adds nothing to the picture. With the background being clear it should be a easy job.

Excellent shots! Were they shot in RAW?

The reason I ask is that your frost has a bit of a blue cast which is caused by reflection from the sky. It's a real problem with snow shots too, and shooting in RAW and getting the white balance right produces really crisp white looking snow and makes all the difference.

The blue cast is particularly noticeable in your last-but-one shot, and I'm sure it would benefit from re-processing. :)

I think the fence helps the perspective :)
Like the disagreement over direction to face with the wind generators.

I like them all. Maybe first one and the frosted drystone wall best.

Oh I like these! Did exactly the same thing myself but it was peasoup fog so different pictures obtained! lol

Very nice set!

Yep, I'm enjoying all of these, very nice THX.

I like the angle you achieved with the second pic :thumb:

Great shots mate, 1 & 2 for me. Love the colour in 1 and the tracks leading you into the picture in 2, along with the tree to the right of the frame adding scale.

very good! I would have hopped over the fence for the first one and got a bit closer to get them all in the frame, but its a cracking shot even with the fence!

Cheers for the great response guys..........

CT - Noted your point and will watch out for it in future - Theses shots were in RAW, I did process the stone wall again (with a little more care) as thinking back it didn't look that colour when taking the shot. Got rid of the blue tint, which has added some of the warm colour back into the rocks.

This plane trail that people keep telling me to close out :ponders: I left it in thinking it looked quite good....... :D .... gives you a real sense of looking up to the sky sort of thing. Although agree some probably think its spoiling the shot.

Anyway from there we went on to Manchester..........the Salford Quays in particular, I'll post some shots tonight when I get home from work.

Mr THX said:
Cheers for the great response guys..........
Anyway from there we went on to Manchester..........the Salford Quays in particular, I'll post some shots tonight when I get home from work.

Thats my old hunting ground, I have many many shots from that area so I look forward to seeing your take on it. :)

I couldn't help but think what that frosty rock shot would look like with a more crisp white look rather than that reflected blue, hope you don't mind but i had a play with the shot :)

frost1mc.jpg

Not at all Jonny, nice conversion - looks almost duo tone. :thumb:

Back