chris182 photo52 2011

Name
christopher
Edit My Images
Yes
Never done one before but am very willing to give it a try :)

Good luck everyone

Chris

5335726327_a338327ee7_z.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

Good start to your 52.

I think that the image could benefit from cropping about 1/3 of the sky and and a bit of a lighten as the trees and building look a bit dark.

I like the composition and the colours of the sky.

Good luck with the rest of your project.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Good call drodd. never really used and editing before just use the original image taken with the camera but i do think this looks better.
Week 1 - Accommodation
5343472305_c303cff716_z.jpg

Well done Chris, a great improvement (y)

I had a quick go at a b&w conversion on it tonight and that also worked quite well. Perhaps you want to have a go, just for you to see what potential your image has. I tried one or two other post processing techniques too and the image is definitely one that suits different processes to give it a different ambiance.

I look forward to seeing the pics you take in the coming weeks for this project.

Cheers

I really like the edited version, the first shot was just a little dark, nice composition :)

Cheers guys. Thanks dawn, will give it a go iv only got picasa3 to play around with but that seems to do the trick.

Nice work Chris good start to your 52 good luck with the rest of the year (y)

I did a quick crop, if I could this is the shot I would have gone for, so its more prominent, nice L shape composition

5346423065_6e7f827cd6.jpg

Dave

A bit rushed to be honest, My NEW Sigma 70-300mm Lens.
Week 2 - New
5355166155_94279d0eab_z.jpg

Hi Chris like the shot (y) maybe the white balance could be adjusted or it could be my monitor anyway good take on the theme nice one...(y)

Hi Chris,

Nice new lens, I look forward to seeing what pics you get with it, I'm sure you find it useful for this 52 and other pics you take.

I agree with James about the WB, either that or it is the lighting you used.

I like the DOF, but think you could have positioned it with a better backgound as I find the chair and whatever the blue bit at the top is and the white box thingy to the right a little distracting. But like you said, it was a bit rushed so perhaps your attention wasn't focused on the whole detail.

Good luck with the next theme.

Cheers

Cheers guys, yea was very rushed, just got in from the pub and remembered i still needed a photo. Only used the 300mm very quickly the other day for a couple of shots of the moon and was very impressed with it :)

Again a last minuet attempt to be honest, been ill all week :( A style of art is graffiti !
Week 3 - Style
5380617870_f6b87392d8_z.jpg

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, hope you get better soon.

Well done on getting a shot for week 3.

I really like this image and it is definitely a style, well spotted.

You have taken this at a great angle which adds to the art.

Good luck with your week 4 image.

Cheers

Really like your week 3. Well lit and the tilted angle works well.
Has a real gritty feel with the red, black , and grungy white.

Sometimes the quickly grabbed shots are best. Hope you're feeling better.

Not really what i wanted the photo to end up like but i dont have any good editing software to single out colour on a B+W photo. But i did my best.
Week 4 - Open
5397268507_0fd26085be_z.jpg

Hiya Chris,

Great take on the theme, and I love Coleman's Mustard.

I think you have made a good attempt at the b&w focal conversion and picked up the yellow well.

My only crits are, the bit of corner in the top right of the image, perhaps crop that out. Also there are a a few scrtch lines on the counter top that are prominent, especially the two long ones bottom right and a few white spots dotted about. Perhaps if you could clone them it would benefit the image.

Well done and I look forward to your week 5.

Cheers

Quite a smart ;) take on the theme if i do say so myself.
Week 5 - Hard
5419327624_cfe53d9e10_z.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya Chris,

Very clever indeed, and a great take on the theme. Can't believe I missed this one, but found it in my catch-up of replies.

Like your drawing of the raven, think he is still baffled by the whole solution. The Bayesian Solution can lead to some debate which is a very heavy subject.

On that note it is time for me to go and rest my weary head :LOL:

BTW did you punch the hole in the top right out of frustraction or did the raven have a peck at it :D

Cheers

Back