Christmas Food And Recipes

Edit My Images
Yes
So what are you going to having for Christmas dinner?

Going traditional?

Or maybe something a bit different?

Share your traditional as well as alternate recipes here, tells us how you like to have your food cooked

For me this year I am going to have a piece of beef which I will slow roast over a number of hours so it melts in the mouth when you eat it.

I'll do some traditional roast potatoes along with some roast parsnips & carrots

Last but not least some brussels sprouts as well

tell us how you like to have your food cooked

Well last year I did mention a naked butler/slave to cook mine hence I'm pretty sure that's how I got my user title..... But it never happened! :(

Well last year I did mention a naked butler/slave to cook mine hence I'm pretty sure that's how I got my user title..... But it never happened! :(

jamie Oliver's meat and two veg at Christmas doesn't sound appealing :LOL:

Beef Wellington for dinner this year, nobody really likes turkey in our household!

Just been shopping for our big shop, having traditional turkey dinner with home made soup and prawn cocktail starters, home made trifle then profiteroles, a wee spot of champagne, wine and lager to wash it all down
Zantac at the ready for indigestion and a reminder on iPad to not overdo it next year. Just like every year haha

Mmmmmmm profiteroles.. We bought some too except once we were home realised they have to be eaten today..
Such a hardship having to much them earlier :D

Mmmmmmm profiteroles.. We bought some too except once we were home realised they have to be eaten today..
Such a hardship having to much them earlier :D

That's ok, I'm sure I read they are part of your five a day at Christmas. You just need to promise to eat at least five a day ;)

That's ok, I'm sure I read they are part of your five a day at Christmas. You just need to promise to eat at least five a day ;)

Well I've just had 2 whilst making a cuppa, my hand seems to be drawn everytime I open the fridge..
3 to go...ooh is that the fridge calling again lol ;)

Well I've just had 2 whilst making a cuppa, my hand seems to be drawn everytime I open the fridge..
3 to go...ooh is that the fridge calling again lol ;)

I just got a mental picture of you coming back from kitchen carrying a cuppa looking like a hamster with full cheeks :LOL:

Fresh salmon and cheeses for starters with a side salad.
Roast beef, from the local butcher (who is IMHO one of the best butchers in the country)
Roast chicken.
Nut roast
Brussel sprouts, cabbage, caramelised carrots and onions, sweetcorn, peas, roasted parsnips/ potatoes and sweet potatoes.
Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc and Ravenswood Old Vine Zinfandel.
Home made trifle for dessert.

Well today did my pre-christmas cook a cola and bourbon ham with a maple, mustard and muscovado glaze, a couple of raised pies chicken and ham with thyme and orange zest and venison, pheasant and rabbit with juniper and nectarine both lovely with some cheese and chutney.
very-hungry.gif
very-hungry.gif
very-hungry.gif

I actually know a chap in Warrington happy to offer that service!!

Stuffed Pork loin joint for our 'small' Christmas Day dinner (just 3 adults), our 'Christmas day' with all the kids is Boxing Day, and to break with tradition it'll be a choice of 2 curries, chapatis popadoms, and all the trimmings, all home made.

Especially when frying bacon!

Makes me cringe even though I don't have those bits!..

It was the gravy I was more concerned about, I'd prefer it stirred with a more conventional tool

Rather than spending hours slaving over a chopping/prep board, a hot stove and the washing up, we're taking the MiL out for lunch. Of course, that does mean a couple of hours in the car going to collect her and take her home but at least it's comfortable and warm!

Makes me cringe even though I don't have those bits!..

It was the gravy I was more concerned about, I'd prefer it stirred with a more conventional tool

Not to mention the dough balls dipped in it :confused:

That's my trifle started, daughter doing all the rest of prep at her house. All that will be left tomorrow is a Floyd style cook up with wine in one hand, champagne in the other and a beer in the....... My plan seems to have a flaw :D

That's my trifle started, daughter doing all the rest of prep at her house. All that will be left tomorrow is a Floyd style cook up with wine in one hand, champagne in the other and a beer in the....... My plan seems to have a flaw :D

A long straw will see you right with the beer! ;)

Teabaggable?

You've not really thought through this naked waiter have you?
What you want is called a stripper :LOL:

No I really hadn't..dangly bits..dangling in everything.....

A stripper you say?? :D santa will no doubt mess that up and give me a wallpaper stripper:LOL:

No I really hadn't..dangly bits..dangling in everything.....

A stripper you say?? :D santa will no doubt mess that up and give me a wallpaper stripper:LOL:

Send him up my way. Just what I,ll need after the holidays

Epiphany
Homer Simpson style beer hat....... With added tinsel of course. Wouldn't want to kill off that Christmas spirit :)

See that just proves you need us girlies to suggest these things...:p

Tomato & Basil Soup or Prawn Cocktail or duck a la Orange Pate

Roast Turkey
Roast Potatoes, mash, honey roast parsnips, cauliflower cheese, sprouts and bacon lardons, carrots, cranberry sauce, stuffing and gravy

Christmas pud and brandy sauce

Wine or soft drinks

Got a lovely big lamb chump chop with some goose fat roasties I put in the freezer last time I did some extras,some veggies and mint gravy. :)

....and a little Christmas pud with cream for afters...

...Oh, and a lot of wine! :D

Back