Chroma 679 - Medium Format System

Here's the set of 4. The 40th anniversary (see banner) of the Ryedale Folk Museum was in 2004, and these are the scans I made at the time with what would then have been Epson's top flatbed scanner - 2400, 3200, 4890? I don't know. Probably a scan done now would show more detail, as would a drum scan.

FP4, Rodinal, Symmar 150mm lens, 1950s vintage, not the later Symmar S and the ones that followed that.

02b LF01-0015a.jpg02c LF01-0015b.jpg02d LF01-0015c.jpg02e LF01-0015d.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t currently have an RB lens to design the board around!

Just re-reading the thread in anticipation of my recent order :)

If you want to borrow an RB67 lens, sing out as I have quite a few and can easily spare one I don't use that much.

Just re-reading the thread in anticipation of my recent order :)

If you want to borrow an RB67 lens, sing out as I have quite a few and can easily spare one I don't use that much.

Thanks a lot for your order Ian. Apologies though, I didn’t realise you were the same Harlequin on here [emoji23]

Thanks for RB lens offer, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to mount it without building a very complex system to cock the lens. I’ve been playing around with a Bronica etrs, which uses a similar cocking method, and it’s going be quite difficult to retrofit.

Thanks a lot for your order Ian. Apologies though, I didn’t realise you were the same Harlequin on here [emoji23]

Thanks for RB lens offer, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to mount it without building a very complex system to cock the lens. I’ve been playing around with a Bronica etrs, which uses a similar cocking method, and it’s going be quite difficult to retrofit.

No bother. If you ever need one for another project, just let me know.

In trying to figure out how the RTB works I was amazed by the number of clips and switches hidden in the mechanisms. Cameras really are quite complicated things.

Back