Chuffed to Bits

Name
Sue
Edit My Images
Yes
I know I don't post as often as I should, but I can't resist sharing my news - I have just returned from a long weekend in Scotland for the Scottish Seabird Centre Nature Photography Awards where I had three photos shortlisted, and I was delighted to find out that I won the "Creative Visions of Nature" category. I have had a couple of runner up prizes in competitions before, but never come first, so am really thrilled. It was a wonderful evening with the judges, including Laurie Campbell, explaining their decision making processes - it felt like a mini-version of the Oscars!

Even better the prize is a trip for two to Staffa and the Treshnish Isles, so I am now looking at booking a holiday on Mull :D

This was the photo, a hyacinth in the rain:

12Mar175_zpsc94f6f12.jpg

Beautiful shot, well done and well deserved

What an amazing photograph. What camera, lens and setup did you use.
I discribe myself as having 'all the gear but no idea' when I look at pictures like this I just wonder where you draw yor inspiration from, it is such a beautiful picture well done!!

Very many thanks all. It was a 7D with a Tamron 90 mm macro and, I think, extension tubes. Handheld, natural light - I just spotted the flower in next door's front garden, leant over the wall to have a look and noticed these petals and droplets. I think it was at f/3.5 off the top of my head.

I was chuffed enough to have three photos shortlisted and one used as the poster for the exhibition - just can't believed I won as well!

Great shot. Well done and enjoy your trip.

Congratulations on a deserved win, it's a beautiful photo!

Back