Churches-An open thread

Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
I love churches, I'm quite happy to wander around a churchyard and relax. I admire the effort and workmanship need to construct these lovely buildings, especially older churches.

So I thought I'd post some images from my wanderings around Norfolk, staring with the Church of St. Margaret in Hempnall.

St Margaret Hempnall 001
by
Jak Gunn
, on Flickr

Hi Graeme, are your images from film? Like those;)

I love churches, I'm quite happy to wander around a churchyard and relax. I admire the effort and workmanship need to construct these lovely buildings, especially older churches.

So I thought I'd post some images from my wanderings around Norfolk, staring with the Church of St. Margaret in Hempnall.

Really enjoyed looking at these East Anglian churches that you have photographed.

I get such a sense of peace when I am in these rural churches, usually alone, to enjoy the silence and echoes of history.

Something a little more modest. The Church of the Redeemer, Pendock Cross, Worcestershire.

DSCF3842.jpg

I visited the famous Jewish Synagogue in BUDAPEST Hungary and took some shots by available light with my Gift 2005 8MP OLYMPUS E-500 set to 'RAW'
52954637266_b5edea5d74_c.jpg52955087073_04efba99d7_c.jpg52954040812_7c1ca4b834_c.jpg52954040902_1520d60c09_c.jpg52954776399_6d80dfce80_c.jpg

After by Jez, on Flickr

So this image represents a bit of an epiphany for me... It was taken in somewhere in the Lake District in 2004 with my first digital camera (a Fuji FinePix S2 Pro), when I firmly believed that post-processing was basically cheating and that photos should be "got right" in the camera. "Just like film"... Ahem. I was always very disappointed with the image so some time later I suspended my belief and played with it in probably Photoshop Elements or some such. Suffice it to say that my previous belief ended at that moment. That edit is lost in the mists of time so I recently spent 45s in Lightroom to create the image above...

After by Jez, on Flickr

So this image represents a bit of an epiphany for me... It was taken in somewhere in the Lake District in 2004 with my first digital camera (a Fuji FinePix S2 Pro), when I firmly believed that post-processing was basically cheating and that photos should be "got right" in the camera. "Just like film"... Ahem. I was always very disappointed with the image so some time later I suspended my belief and played with it in probably Photoshop Elements or some such. Suffice it to say that my previous belief ended at that moment. That edit is lost in the mists of time so I recently spent 45s in Lightroom to create the image above...

Glad you resurrected it. It's striking.

Back