Churches-An open thread

An interesting arrangement.

Saint Bartholemews Church Redmarley.

CIMG0799.jpg

I never gave church's much though till I got stationed in Germany in the service. American one were generally pretty plain but the German church's were anything but plain. Nicest one I ever saw was in Worms, Germany; absolutely stunning! I was told it was where martin Luther got excommuned and they even had his house there and you could go into it. Wish I still had the old photo's of it! I think whet you see over seas is pretty much a vision of the time in history the builder's lived in. We have an old church here in town built around 1897 and I really do like it but it is missing something I can't put my finger on.

Well was gonna put in a photo of it but can't figure out how to do it anymore!

I never gave church's much though till I got stationed in Germany in the service. American one were generally pretty plain but the German church's were anything but plain. Nicest one I ever saw was in Worms, Germany; absolutely stunning! I was told it was where martin Luther got excommuned and they even had his house there and you could go into it. Wish I still had the old photo's of it! I think whet you see over seas is pretty much a vision of the time in history the builder's lived in. We have an old church here in town built around 1897 and I really do like it but it is missing something I can't put my finger on.

Well was gonna put in a photo of it but can't figure out how to do it anymore!

Hi, let me help you. A few from Worms :

L1000948_DxO-L24a-c-tp.jpg

L1000973_DxO-L24a-c-tp.jpg

L1000952_DxO-L24a-tp.jpg

Offene Kirche Elisabethen, Basel

Architectural+image+spire+of+Offene+Kirche+Elisabethen+Basel+against+blue+sky+with+vapor+trail+above+P1090739.jpg

Andrew HATFIELD | Architectural and Interior Photographer

Last edited:
All Saints Church - Marlow

Canon 5D3 + Canon EF24-70LII

TP52 2024- Week 04 - Water-4373-2 by Kell, on Flickr

At the same time as I took the above, I also shot it on my old 35mm Film camera with a variety of lenses. Unfortunately, one of them had fungus, despite being described as clean. It was actually hard to spot.

Minolta X-500 + Minolta 35-70 f/3.5 by Kell, on Flickr

Minolta X-500 + Minolta 28-70 f/3.5-4.8 by Kell, on Flickr

This last one is the one that had the fungus. All the images had less contrast and didn't respond as well to PP.

Minolta X-500 + Minolta 28-85 f/3.5-4.5 by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
1. San Paolo Maggiore in Bologna:
Paolo Maggiore I by Ian, on Flickr

2. One of the chapels in San Domenico, Bologna
Dominic II by Ian, on Flickr

3. Not a great picture but probably something fairly new. This is the Cardinal's private chapel in Villa Guastavillani, just outside Bologna, now home to the Bologna Business School and I snuck to grab some shots in after a meeting there.
BBS I by Ian, on Flickr

Back