City & Guilds level 1

Name
M.S.
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm still very new to photography, but had the luck of purchasing a Nikon D7k at a good price. So far I have taken some family pictures and have been able to assist a Pro wedding tog', where i did more shadow / skivvy work. I have also completed a short evening studies course, which basically showed me what the buttons done.

Can anybody advice me on any decent above course, that is taught on a part time level in London area, preferably in the South East area? Has anybody done a similar course and recommend it?

Appreciate any replies...

Last edited:
I've done the level 2 and am now starting level 3.

Level 2 was straight from basics... so I'm not sure what level 1 would consist of.

I would say skip level 1 and start at level 2

Where are you studying the course, if you don't mind me asking?

So what can you do now, that you couldn't prior to the course?

I'm doing the course at a local college in Manchester as an evening class.

The level 2 starts with the basics of aperture, shutter speed etc so is quite basic.

Still leant a lot though..for example we spend a lot of time in the college studio, so have learnt about studio lighting and different setups for portraits, still life, product photography etc...

That's great, I'm hoping to do an evening studies class as well. However, may have to settle for a Saturday class. I wonder what is taught in level 1 then...?

Can i ask, steve, what college it was with, as you can see i am also in Manchester and would love to complete a course like this.

So what level are you at Garry? If you don't mind me asking. Also, what type of photography are you interested in?

So what level are you at Garry? If you don't mind me asking. Also, what type of photography are you interested in?

I've been an amateur for over 40 years, not sure what level but i think level 2 would be a great place to start, that equates to GCSE level, might need to talk to the tutor and see where to start.

Cheers for the link Steve.

Back