City Link Couriers

• Thread starter reddeathdrinker
  • Start date
R

reddeathdrinker

So, 3rd time in a row, and I've had enough.

#1 - card through door, driver ran back to van before I could get to door.

#2 - Nikon D200 body left in snow at back door

#3 - "Driver ran out of hours". So they only have 1 driver? I'm 15 seconds off the route he'd have gone back to the depot on. Seriously.

So my advice is: Ask who's delivering the goods to you. If it's City Stink, politely decline and ask for another method of delivery. Got to get the message across to these clowns somewhow....:bang:

To be fair, it might just be the Aberdeen depot. However, from what I've heard, it's not. Gah...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of your problems with these muppets :bang:

I'm afraid it isn't just your depot though :shake: For a very short while I used them for my business to deliver to my clients. They cocked it up so often that they lost my business almost as quick as I gave it to them. I wouldn't use Titty Link again if they offered their service for free :nono:

We used to use them at work but soon stopped. Medical supplies just can't be treated like that and they had so many failures we got out of our contract with them.

Even parcelforce are better!

We used to use them at work but soon stopped. Medical supplies just can't be treated like that and they had so many failures we got out of our contract with them.

Even parcelforce are better!

do you not mean parcelfarce?

ParcelForce have messed up for me 3 times this week.

It seems no matter which company we use, all of them appear to struggle from the same problem.

I have had to chase them since Thursday to get a parcel delivered. On Friday they found it, told me they had upgraded the service so would be delivered on Monday.

Monday came, client still not received it. Had to chase it up again and guess what. Sat in my local depot!

So it gets to the clients local hub today, but wasn't showing online as been dispatched. Another phone call ..... and it arrived a couple of hours later.

:bonk:

I've refused to buy from companies who use ****** link - service is appauling. They only come my way when they have a van full - and that's not often. They tell lies - 'no-one at home' etc when I've been there waiting all day! Avoid like the plague.

We've used lots over the years for national and international goods. The best we've found has been Interlink.

Fedex have bought ANC and are trying to establish themselves in the UK. I expect that once the ANC service has been tweaked and improved they will rebrand ANC to Fedex.

Royal Mail Special Delivery is still pretty good.

****** link are a joke!

one day deliver laptop to my house, next day waiting for a screen to be drop to me. guess what they could'nt find my house! joke!

As andrewc says you get good and bad. AJG have the City Link contract in Inverness and do a good job, because I've had stuff delivered by them so often I even know pretty much what time of day the guy will be at my door.

TNT are without a doubt thee best, IMO.

Swansea are rubbish, i try to avoid

Well in the end I went to the depot this evening to pick it up.... He went to the wrong house in the end and put card through their door....

I think the lights were on Doors were open but no one was home.... Thats the drive by the way..

Just off out with new Toy..

I went to the UPS depot today to collect a parcel, got sent across town to collect it from Lynx ?

Lynx have the UPS contract here too.

UPS owns Lynx and they are supposedly putting Lynx on the same systems as UPS but UPS service has gone downhill in recent months too

UPS :shake::shake: item coming from HK, duty to pay £25, I only have 2 x£20 notes, driver says he isn't authorised to give change, so I have to forfeit the extra £15. I refuse and without another word he turns round and goes back to his van and drives off with my package....:shrug:

Got loads of problems with Liverpool depot ..

one of them as described in the first post

Put a card trough and run away .....

Norwich depot is reasonably good. There are lots of bad depots. The problem with franchise systems is that so much depends on the franchisees.

Initial City Link bought the last franchise out in 2007 - it's all one big screwed-up centrally-run company now!

As andrewc says you get good and bad. AJG have the City Link contract in Inverness and do a good job, because I've had stuff delivered by them so often I even know pretty much what time of day the guy will be at my door.

AJG did a brilliant job when I lived up at Kinloss - except the City Link Next-Day service was really a 2-day service up there, at least they told me that, and the parcels were delivered!!

You get what you pay for, simple as that.

We had horrible problems with city link, keep saying they carded us and it was always a Brown Door (ours is WHITE!).... they always seemed to find us when they asked us to drop parcels for next door if they were out. Hate City Link, muppets...

we use them for work - Christmas you will be amazed at the amount of missing parcels!!

muppets

City link used to be fine, but they were merged with Target, so they closed most of the original CL depots down and used the target ones. But Target were ****in usless.
Used to be in charge of the freight at work. I have had some excuses over the years.
My fave was they left a parcel on a door step, but it got destroyed. Turns out the doorstep they left it on was next door to a Army recruiting office, so bomb squad came along and destroyed it with a controlled explosion.

city link are so poor and the people they employ are just plain dim.

We must be lucky here in Norfolk, as I have never had any problems with (Norwich) Citylink. In fact if I am not in he will card me and then deliver to my works office 7 miles away!

I got a new dell laptop from SVP and it was delivered using City Link. As I was out they left it in the weelie bin :wacky:

You should try ParcelForce or is that ParcelFarce?! Their depot is less than two miles away from me but when a parcel comes by them it takes ages to travel that distance as if it was coming from Outer Mongolia! And their parcel tracking on their website is about as good as a chocolate tea pot!

You should try ParcelForce or is that ParcelFarce?! Their depot is less than two miles away from me but when a parcel comes by them it takes ages to travel that distance as if it was coming from Outer Mongolia! And their parcel tracking on their website is about as good as a chocolate tea pot!

Don't say that! I've got my new tripod coming up ParcelFarce:help: Although, it's getting delivered to my work address, so there's always a hope!!

I have a theory: Bulk of courier deliveries are to businesses, so the deliveries to domestic customers is not so important to them?

The Dundee depot has always been excellent, I cant say in all the times I've used them that I've had a single problem.

I've refused to buy from companies who use ****** link - service is appauling. They only come my way when they have a van full - and that's not often. They tell lies - 'no-one at home' etc when I've been there waiting all day! Avoid like the plague.

I have had the no one at home excuse before, infuriating after staying in all day:annoyed:

Well, i've found city link and parcel force pretty good myself.

Never had any problems with the deliveries, and i've also found that the city link driver round me is always happy and smiling, and jokin with ya!

TNT stole two laptops from us this week. The boxes arrived opened/resealed and filled with lots of padding in an attempt to counteract the lost weight of the laptops. I can't understand why Laptop manufacturers put pictures/descriptions of the laptop on the box and make no attempt to hide the fact when distributed.

TNT stand to lose some £40K business from us if they refuse to compensate.

I've had loads of trouble with citylink over the years. Every time the situation is....

The online tracking says its on the van in the morning, i make arrangements for people to be in. I even put cards on the doors saying that someone is in.

Then later in the day the website says that no one was in and the address was carded... when no card came through the door!
I've rung up before when this has happened and they get back saying that the driver "drove up and down my road and couldn't find the house". When i live at the end of a single track lane that has a dead end right outside my house, where you have to stop next to my house name and number sign:LOL:

Their drivers seem to just blatantly lie when they cant be bothered to drive to somewhere out of their way when they're tight on time.

Back