City Link rant...Grrrr

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
Bloody hopeless company...
I'm awaiting delivery of a new camera for Dave for his birthday. Got home from work yesterday to find that City Link had tried to deliver the item, but as no-one was home, they had left a card saying they would re-deliver it tomorrow (ie Thurs - today!). Fine, as Thursday is my day off. Spent all morning pottering about the house and tidying up, starting to get a little fed up by 2pm, so I call them to find out where my parcel is... can't even get through to a real person - it's an automated answering machine. It does however say you can trace your item on their website. Key in my consignment number, and bingo! there are the details of my order..... except according to the info I have in front of me - it's in their warehouse and not actually being delivered to me today at all :bang: A few more calls later (until I get through to a real person), and I'm now collecting the camera tomorrow, as it's sat in their warehouse in Basingstoke. I don't want to spend anymore time stuck in the house.
I find it so infuriating that they cannot get anything right :annoyed: I've to to wait in the house all day (and this is my first day off for 2 weeks :crying:)

The last time City Link tried to deliver something to me, they claimed it had been delivered but they had no signature for it, and the delivery guy 'forgot' where he had actually left the item. They don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Ahhh... rant over ;)

I've had a few run ins with City Link aswell, same sort of problems all postal companies seem to be the same.

Even special delivery isn't guaranteed any more, that came a day late, they changed the status of the parcel after it went 1pm on the day it was suppose to be delivered.

I have had loads of problems with citylink, and found the easiest way to get something delivered is to go to Basingstoke and collect it.

What a nightmare Cheryl :(

I hate S*itylink with a vengance I have to say! I used to use them for deliveries for my business and they lost more deliveries than then made! What really used to annoy me was their total "couldn't care less" attitute. I use TNT now - they're by no means perfect but about the best of the rest I reckon.

city link, royal fail, and the like are nothing compared to the business post brigade. foul up's on a gigantic scale are regular for those muppets, but just as you thought no one could be any worse......up to the mark steps UPS

that crew couldn't manage a p1$$ up in a brewery !

Not really a thumbs up but I've never had trouble with them. More often that not we're the first place on a City Link round (don't know why) so my stuff tends to get delivered at about 7:00am! Quite often the delivery guy is one I know from an old company I worked for about 10 years ago.

Now, Omega/DHL - they're a a pain in the @!#*. My favourite was when I wasn't in and they took the parcel about twenty houses down the street and left it with a complete stranger and didn't leave a note to say they'd done it. I knew they'd tried as the front door CCTV camera showed the driver knocking on my door. I called the depot who called the driver who'd forgotten where he'd taken it. I spent the next day (a Saturday) walking up and down the street trying to find out who had it :bang:

they will only deliver to my house during the day when i work, they
wont redirect to work or leave next door, even if i put a note on the door.

and its a 60-70mile round trip to the dept.

hate them!

and its a 60-70mile round trip to the dept.

Fortunately I have RM, Lynx, Omega/DHL, Parcelforce, City Link and TNT within a few miles of my house - helps living near the M1 and M18 I suppose.

Still, it's somewhat galling when you've paid a fortune for delivery and still have to go pick the item up yourself...

If I order anything and it is being delivered by courier, they say because I live in Wales, I can never get next day delivery. Mad thing is, they drive past the end of the road coming from england and go another 30 miles to Llandrindod Wells to a depot to hold overnight, so they can drive back 30 miles the following day. :bang: Why didn't they just drop it off on the way - Job's worth I think:thumbsdown: Oh and RM - don't get me started on them.....

I won't go into details about my horror story but I don't order anything mail order if it comes via City Link.

This is what RM did to my last order for 2 Urgent reprints from Colab. I took the package to the sorting office and spoke with the manager. Couldn't believe my ears when he said, the postman was only doing you a favour by folding it to get through the letter box. I said through gritted teeth - what part of DO NOT BEND does your postman not understand. It was not Colab's fault, but they sent another set out in the next post in an armoured vehicle.:bang: :bang:

IMG_8664.jpg

Rant over :thumbsdown:

City Link is your worst nightmare come true..:thumbsdown:

I said it on another post and I'll say it again.

According to City Link we don't exist..:shrug:

We have lived here 27 years and we certainly do exist..:|

Can I suggest if it has not already been done that the admin people of the forum for this thread might want to send its url to City Link (it may make no difference) because if nobody bitches about it they will never change. I paid Ebuyer extra for a next day delivery that arrived 2 days later, I complained to Ebuyer who are not chuffed with city Link service and will be returning my complaint with a reason (read excuse)

what i try to do is that if i know a particular company uses anything other than royal mail/parcelforce (RM depot is 2mins down the road, and parcelforce leave my parcels for collection at the postoffice at the end of my road which is good) then ill get it delivered to work, atleast then theres always someone to collect the parcel. its only when companys dont tell you which company they use that it all gets a bit messy and i end up driving to the depot
(CITYLINK IF YOUR LISTENING- when the automated response tells me i can pick my parcel up at 6pm i will be there to collect it, i dont then want to be told that the van hasnt returned to the sorting office and ill have to wait, only for the van to arrive back AFTER the depot has shut for collections...)

Back