Cleaning my glasses

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
Why did I never think of using my Lenspen to clean my glasses before? Works an absolute treat!

:D

A good idea but maybe buy a lens pen especially for glasses? I say that because my glasses tend to get spattered when I'm cooking and I'd hate to use a lens pen and then go on to transfer what used to be in the pan to the front of my much loved lenses.

I use those Lenswipes after I have cleaned my filter or whatever.

Whatever happened to pulling your tee shirt up and just using that :exit:

:D

A good idea but maybe buy a lens pen especially for glasses?

:agree:

I use an ultrasonic bath once a month, it cleans the gunge out of the hard to reach places such as the nose pads & lens edges.
for daily use I have a large Sigma microfiber cloth just for the glasses.

:agree:

I use an ultrasonic bath once a month, it cleans the gunge out of the hard to reach places such as the nose pads & lens edges.
for daily use I have a large Sigma microfiber cloth just for the glasses.

Once you look closely it's a little surprising and a little disgusting how dirty glasses can become so a good periodic clean is definitely good practice.

Whatever happened to pulling your tee shirt up and just using that :exit:

Does not work very well when said T shirt has been used for wiping the spillage from a greasy pie off your face :eek:

An ultrasonic bath sounds like a good idea, some parts of the nose pieces can get quite gungy.

Best thing I've found is just to wash the glass with some washing up liquid and warm water, then dry the glass with kitchen paper. Quick and easy if you're already doing the washing up :D

I have read that washing up liquid is too harsh if you have coated lenses - hand soap and warm water is better in the long run.

Oh really? I better start using hand wash instead then! Gotta make these specs last years now that Vision Express has bought out Tesco opticians. No more free eye checks!

Best thing I've found is just to wash the glass with some washing up liquid and warm water, then dry the glass with kitchen paper. Quick and easy if you're already doing the washing up :D

I do this too but once rinsed, angle the lenses in the stream of water so there are no drips and they are basically dry straight away.

Asda Chemist sell glasses for £10... just saying

Lidl charge £3.50 for folding reading glasses and Tiger have reading glasses from £1. Both work well and are pretty much disposable (due to low cost). I have several pairs dotted around the house as well as a pair in each car.

I used the 'opportunity' to order a new lenspen so I can keep the old one for my glasses. I also ordered the gizmo mentioned by Peter B above from ebay.
I've got glasses all over the house and car as well, all in different states of cleanliness, now I'll lenspens and similar all over the place :)

Best bet is just pop into a proper opticians and buy a proper lens cleaning cloth or two ,the Kodak ones are really good but I have several that I use for both specs and camera lenses ,just ensure that every few weeks you give them a thorough de.greasing wash using something like oxy.clean and boiling water ,followed by a thorough rinse .

Lidl charge £3.50 for folding reading glasses and Tiger have reading glasses from £1. Both work well and are pretty much disposable (due to low cost). I have several pairs dotted around the house as well as a pair in each car.
I got that beat. I have a pair in each car plus a pair in every coat/jacket I wear.

Lidl - Aquapur big green microfibre cloth does a fantastic job and every once in a while a wash with hand soap and warm water.

I get my glasses mostly from Zenni Optical online, work glasses usually cost around £10-£15 delivered.

I use my spud microfibre for cleaning my glasses. Need to find something equally as effective for my camera lenses :p

Back