Clear Type Fonts

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Help, I can't for the life of me remember where they are to set them! :thinking:

when you say set them, what exactly do you mean/trying to do? :thinking:

If I knew what it is you were on about ... I probably still couldn't help you !?!

Sorry CT ... !

I've got a 'ahem' genuine, honest, disk with the complete linotype library on it for both PC and MAC. These are truetype and monotype fonts.

It's a windows utility/setting which smooths all the fonts so they look a lot better and are easier on the eye... on this board for instance. :D I spent all day updating my PC and putting stuff back on and I think I have brain fade now... can't find 'em. :shrug:

Try this

Control panel - system - advance - performance settings - 'tick' the smooth font edges option.

Don't know if this is it???

Thanks folks, I found it.

Right click on desktop
Properties
Appearance
Effects
Select 'Clear Type' out of the two options for font smoothing.

Apply - OK

Makes a huge difference.

it does look better, but it does slightly effect performance - quite noticably too on my laptop (its an old-ish one).

Dont forget to try the Cleartype Tuner from Microsoft (requires a validation installation of Windows IIRC). It made a difference to me, lets you tweak the level of Cleartype applied.

Bod, you have to be very very sad to know about stuff like that. I'll check it out then! :D

I know and see everything, didn't my kids mention?

Between me and my twin brother we know absolutely everything there is to know in this universe.

I take it your twin brother is the clever one then.....

Back