clients computer wont turn on...

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
she said it was working fine last night, but this morning nothing happens when she presses the button.

Thats kinda limited information to work from, could be anything :)

Were there any electrical storms last night?
Is it plugged in and switch on at the wall?
Do the fans start spinning at all when thepower button is pressed?
Check for a burning smell from the PSU.
Try and different power cable, one from the monitor will do to test it.

trouble is im in cambridge looking after a sick friend so cant get there (2 hours away) she said its as dead as a dodo, could be the fuse I guess, but its hard to really know without being there.

The funniest job like that I ever had was when we took on a young lad to train up. He was VERY keen and showed quite a bit of promise but he lacked the ability to spot the obvious :)

... I think you all know where this is going :) .....

He spent 3 hours swapping PSUs X2, motherboard X2, processor ?, removing all extra cards, power lead x 2

then he shouted for me! "I can't get this going at all and the PSU, motherboard and lead are all tested ones"

What else could it be?..... He scratched his head

Faulty on/off button :LOL: 59 pence plus VAT

Apart from all the other suggestions, perhaps it's asleep? Try pulling the plug and starting again.

Clutching at straws I know ;)

Graham

pull the power out from the wall and leave it for 30 mins.

had an odd one recently where a till wouldnt turn back on after a power cut, swapped fuses and tried everything we could etc. went to site after it had been unplugged for 24 hours and it powered on first attempt.

Back